Two days, 350+ miles and a great hunting partner..

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Just spent Friday and Saturday detecting, Work Friday, then off to visit my father and get him out for a day. Made a few school stops along the way digging mostly pennies from the wood chips, but recovered a few other coins. Saturday spent six hours detecting with my father, who is recovering from a February quadruple bypass surgery, both swinging away at a Park he has personally pulled 30 Seated coins from. I ended up finding a barber dime, silver roosie, "V" nickel, and 13 wheats. Totals for the two days are:

1 Sak dollar
51 quarters
37 dimes
1 Silver Roosie
1 Barber Dime
25 nickels
1 "V" Nickel
136 memorial cents
13 wheats
1 Canadian cent

I also found a small silver charm and a 14kt gold child's ring, which I was kind enough to lose for someone else to find. See, I am a good person!! I have no idea where or when it came out, but I now can relate to the person who lost it first!! MANY hours hunting this weekend, a long time since I've had this fun and would have stayed longer, but also made sure dad wasn't wearing himself out. I enjoyed hunting with him and hope to get out again. I don't think he found anything old, but know he pulled around six bucks in clad. He uses a Minelab at age 74 and knows that machine!!

Attachments

• 0720 002.jpg
    0720 002.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 611
Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Time with Dad...Priceless! Congrats on all the great finds.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
What a neat story . Thats so cool that you could hunt with your dad and sounds like he is doing well after his surgery. Those are some nice finds...now where did you lose that gold ring? :)

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
gypsyheart said:
What a neat story . Thats so cool that you could hunt with your dad and sounds like he is doing well after his surgery. Those are some nice finds...now where did you lose that gold ring? :)

Somewhere in Vincennes, Indiana!! ;D

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
piggman1 said:
Time with Dad...Priceless! Congrats on all the great finds.

I wish I could spend more time detecting with him!! Priceless is right!!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Great stack of finds...I think the real treasure was to be able to go out and hunt with your father....
Baggins

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Baggins said:
Great stack of finds...I think the real treasure was to be able to go out and hunt with your father....
Baggins

Every chance I get is a treasure!! Need to do it more often!!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
KirkPA said:
Hmmmm....I never knew you used a Minelab, too. Good job!

Minelab and Garretts, but from what little I say about Minelab you can hardly tell!! ;D

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Jack...it's a great way to have time bonding with your Dad, memories you can always cherish. Wish I could find a park like that here in Ohio. :)

titan

Jun 29, 2007
northwest tn.
Detector(s) used
MXT
awesome finds, and great to be out with your dad , i'm new to this ( 3 months) and i've also bought my dad a detector we manage to get out about once a month i enjoy every minute.

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
titan said:
awesome finds, and great to be out with your dad , i'm new to this ( 3 months) and i've also bought my dad a detector we manage to get out about once a month i enjoy every minute.

Happy to hear your getting out with your father, enjoy those times!! I enjoy every time out!!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Great spread and story...guess I am not the only one who loses things I find! :( But it looks like the detecting gods rewarded you well and the time with your dad was priceless! ;)

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
DFX-Gregg said:
Great spread and story...guess I am not the only one who loses things I find! :( But it looks like the detecting gods rewarded you well and the time with your dad was priceless! ;)

The gods were kind, and the time was great Gregg. I used to hunt with my son before he moved to North Carolina, so at one time it was great, to hunt with my dad and son, now hunting with either is seldom at best but very much enjoyed!@! I hope not to lose anything else and did you ever find that wheatie??

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack(IN) said:
DFX-Gregg said:

The gods were kind, and the time was great Gregg. I used to hunt with my son before he moved to North Carolina, so at one time it was great, to hunt with my dad and son, now hunting with either is seldom at best but very much enjoyed!@! I hope not to lose anything else and did you ever find that wheatie??

Never made it back there.....waiting for my daughters next dental appointment! ;D But tomorrow I have a doctors appointment which means a suburban park for a quick hunt....hopefully can pull a quick 30-50 coins before or after and call it a day. I am beat! :-\

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest: