New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

Haven't posted in quite a while and 2017 has not yielded silver for me until yesterday.

I was out with my friends yesterday with Don in Brewster at his favorites park, everyone in the group was doing well but I was struggling to find something older than clad. I was becoming very frustrated and silently cranky LOL, my cell phone started ringing and I decided see who was calling me and it was my friend Against The Wind. He asked me how I was making out, a bit cranky and with some expletives I told him I was not doing well and I was frustrated about not finding silver in 2017 yet. Inspirationally he told me to keep at it and stay focused and his phone call was going to bring me luck. Bring me luck? LOL if you know ATW he ain't playing with a full deck LOL but hell, I'll take any luck I can get! Well sure enough not five minutes after I hung the phone up I get a nice deep 1245 on the CTX, 7 inches down and what popped out of the hole was a very dark 1902 Barber dime! Finally after many hunts in 2017 some silver. I called ATW and told him the good news, of course he busted my stones about my frustration but nevertheless he was happy for me.

My keepers ended up being the Barber dime, Mercury dime 1920, Indianhead 1903 and some mystery copper coin, might be flattened penny or something but there's no detail that is readable.

Everyone else in the group got silver some of them being a barber quarter, Don's nice readable date standing liberty quarter, another friend had a double dime trifecta! Two Barber dimes, two Mercury dimes, and two silver Rosies and a silver Washington quarter he had the most silver in the group.

Overall great day and it feels good to finally get on the board with silver for 2017. Thanks for the luck ATW.

Enjoy the photos and happy hunting

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490530013.172752.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490530035.917559.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1490530051.577924.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on the early season silvers DD. I'm chomping at the bit to get out hunting, but the blizzard we had a couple of weeks ago (2 feet of snow) put a damper on that. Happy hunting!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done Dude,, but if you were out hunting with me, we would have stayed until you found a Silver Roosevelt. That way you could have gone home with a Silver Dime Tri-fecta. lol
Way to break the ice, you'll be unstoppable now.

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done Dude,, but if you were out hunting with me, we would have stayed until you found a Silver Roosevelt. That way you could have gone home with a Silver Dime Tri-fecta. lol
Way to break the ice, you'll be unstoppable now.

That is true... we would've stayed out there till I found a Roosevelt LOL. But I was satisfied and besides you know I hate driving there LOL. I have to go when my ride leaves.

Thanks

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice silvers. Great that everyone got something

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perseverance pays off congratulations on the silver. I'm still looking for my first Barber anything.

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah? Frustrated about no silver this year? I have never gotten silver ever. For my 1 year and 3 months of detecting. You should be happy.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the silver, congratulations! :occasion14:

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your wait and extra digging paid off. Nice silver!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always a nice hunt when you find silver
Wtg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great way to break into silver this year! Love the phone call from ATW - what a wild story! :skullflag: :occasion14:

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah? Frustrated about no silver this year? I have never gotten silver ever. For my 1 year and 3 months of detecting. You should be happy.

My first year and a half of detecting I never found a silver coin, one silver ring though, so I know how you feel. I was using a Bounty Hunter Platinum then, when I upgraded to an AT Pro I started getting deeper with better separation. Remember you can have the best detector in the world but if the site you're hunting doesn't have the history of habitation for 75 plus years your chance of finding silver coins are not so great. Keep at it and it will happen

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dude, frustrated of not, at least you're getting out. My "boss" has me in irons, locked in the basement, and I can't get out. My wife is tiny too, about 120 lbs, but the 150 lbs and 10" of height I have over her means nothing. I'm trapped - haven't been out in weeks? Lol

Nice silver buddy

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, frustrated of not, at least you're getting out. My "boss" has me in irons, locked in the basement, and I can't get out. My wife is tiny too, about 120 lbs, but the 150 lbs and 10" of height I have over her means nothing. I'm trapped - haven't been out in weeks? Lol

Nice silver buddy

LMAO !! Believe me I know that feeling! When the weather corporates I have one day on the weekend to hunt, one day for family, it's all good [emoji4]

Diamondman307

Sep 20, 2016
Stockton, CA
Detector(s) used
Pioneer EX, Garrett GP Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Literally was going to buy an AT Pro tomorrow. I am excited for this year because I get to go to a family farm in Missouri (we don't even know how old the property is, and no-one lives there because the house there isn't really a house anymore).

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Literally was going to buy an AT Pro tomorrow. I am excited for this year because I get to go to a family farm in Missouri (we don't even know how old the property is, and no-one lives there because the house there isn't really a house anymore).

It was a rough Choice for me to choose between AT PRO or AT GOLD... I chose the GOLD lemme know how the PRO works for you :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread