SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started the week out by getting our fish pond up and running...

P4260121.JPG

Now that the work is done, it's time to do some searching for old foundations in the woods and see if the morel mushrooms have surfaced yet. My buddy and I found two promising foundations. One was near an abandoned apple orchard, and sure enough, we found a few early morels for the frying pan tonight.

P4260114.JPG

I decided to detect at the farm house where I helped find a wedding ring for my buddies son's wife and hit two matched 1937 P Wheaties about 20 feet apart.

P4260136.JPG P4260137.JPG

A little while later, I get a signal that could be a gold ring and am surprised to see what looks to be the glint of gold in the hole. I carefully wipe off some of the dirt and I found a pin awarded to a bowler that achieved a 200 game. Not exactly gold but the excitement was there for a few seconds...

P4260132.JPG

Then it happens, I get a signal that could also be a ring and out pops the extremely rare Detroit Lions Superbowl ring...

P4260135.JPG

Looks like it got stomped-on in the victory party and then I remember the Lions haven't won the big one yet so no cigar.

O yah, had to finish off the day with my wife and we enjoyed nice fillets with the morels and a salad.

[email protected] P4260119.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 32

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread