mk4125

Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in the yard if some wealthy couple. The home was built in the 1880's and was a Bed & Breakfast at the turn if the century. I am thinking it was used to hold .... Cocaine. IMG_20170426_152747.jpg IMG_20170426_152726.jpg

Upvote 11

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One toot and you're off to the races.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very possible, but odd that it's not a spoon shape on the end. looks more like it was intended to create a drop of some sort of liquid, but I don't have a clue what

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bet it held scented oil or something seems big for marching powder

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
If it was a spoon, I could go that route, although since it is a loop that has to fit into the center of the tube, I would say that it could not hold something solid, even powder.

Maybe liquid. Or it is a loop for taking samples in the field for putting on a petri dish?

I have taken samples of beer to propagate the yeast for my own beer...

I know someone knows what this is, T-Net never fails.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; It sure was a great waker upper.!!! They would put a small amount of water in the vial to mix in with their coke. That way when they wanted some the coke paste would stick to the loop you see there. This in turn would allow them to better control how much coke they did and the water made for a type of nasal moisterizer. They were popular at the early 1900's but lost favor until about the 1960's where they saw a revival up to the 1980's then they died off again. They were very common when I was a kid. The rich folks had them almost exclusively. You would also see some of the bigger coke dealers with them as well. They were a Status symbol. Today it is all about crack cocaine and other "Designer" Drugs. I've been drug free for 35 years now myself ok.
Back then yours would have sold for about $5 each. Today they can get VERY Pricey depending on the maker. The avg ones go for $60 ok. Niice find. Brought back a lot of memories. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Last edited:

mglentz4125

Dec 27, 2016
Harbor Springs, MI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; It sure was a great waker upper.!!! They would put a small amount of water in the vial to mix in with their coke. That way when they wanted some the coke paste would stick to the loop you see there. This in turn would allow them to better control how much coke they did and the water made for a type of nasal moisterizer. They were popular at the early 1900's but lost favor until about the 1960's where they saw a revival up to the 1980's then they died off again. They were very common when I was a kid. The rich folks had them almost exclusively. You would also see some of the bigger coke dealers with them as well. They were a Status symbol. Today it is all about crack cocaine and other "Designer" Drugs. I've been drug free for 35 years now myself ok.
Back then yours would have sold for about $5 each. Today they can get VERY Pricey depending on the maker. The avg ones go for $60 ok. Niice find. Brought back a lot of memories. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Holy smokes!! That makes sense regarding the water mixture / quantity. It will definitely make for an interesting conversation piece amidst the typical finds. :)

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe snuff? Nice find though

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Nei; What do you think snuff was ??? PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread