Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still in shock. Never would I believe something like this would happen to me. Did a late evening hunt with a friend from Tnet which only lasted about 45 min. As you can see I only found a mini ball and flat button until I came upon this cache. We both were speechless, good thing she decided to video tonights dig. This is the second cache of coins found on this property mixed in with all the civil war relics. First spill was nothing like this, maybe 10 coins. So walking along the woods edge of a corn field I got this ear blowing signal, pinpointed about 3 ft long but narrow I almost skipped it. At a park with the signal that large I surely would have ignored it. Ended up with a cut finger and 64 silver coins. 1 Morgan dollar, 8 Reale, 12 Halfs, 11 Quarters and 39 dimes. I havnt checked for any key dates and most look to be in good shape. I'm amazed over this 8 Reale, looks to be 1830 Zs. Checked off the bucket list:headbang: Like I said Ive heard stories of people finding caches but never dreamed my coil would get over one. Thanks for looking GL&HH

WP_20170428_20_56_55_Pro.jpg WP_20170428_21_55_37_Pro.jpg WP_20170428_21_56_23_Pro.jpg WP_20170428_21_56_49_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 147

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner vote in. Great find!

aj

UNERTHEN

Sep 22, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000 with 8", nel sharp, nel sharpshooter. Garrett Ace350 with 8x11 and 4.5 sniper. Garrett at propointer, garrett zlynk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes! Banner vote in.

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone. I'm still speechless, taking me forever to type sentences. lol

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner vote in. Killer find!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So great man.... Cant wait to see the video....

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MINDBLOWING!!!!!!!! CONGRATZ.....

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speechless- that's a dream come true right there- Huge Congrats!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the date again, I believe the first MX 8R coins with that design were first dated in 1824.
Don....

You are correct. Under the 10x-20x scope I was able to confirm the date. It is a 1830 8 Zs reale which is Zacatecas mint mark.

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW great find; could you discern any obvious markers (ie) big tree or fence post hole? My banner vote going in

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go D. That site just keeps producing!

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW great find; could you discern any obvious markers (ie) big tree or fence post hole? My banner vote going in

Thank you MUDSLINGER. There was no obvious markers at all or large trees. There was a small about 10ft wide young trees/shrubs separating corn fields. I was just walking along the edge of the corn field finding loads of modern bullets then I hit it. This is a huge property stretching over rolling hills of farm land.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dFallis1,

Congratualtions on the killer big silver cache recovery! :notworthy: :notworthy:

I'm going to Banner this huge find!

Doc

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you bud. Had fun the last time you were there, we should do it again sometime.

Absolutely! Plus gave you a banner nod. Congrats.

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow now that's quite a score
Gotta know what's under those big targets
Lol great story and great recovery hh gl

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends own the property. I found a picket post there from the CW late last year. We were NOT looking for caches, but when I was talking to my friend, the owner yesterday, they were talking about two possible houses on the property which are no longer there. Hidden money was mentioned, but you know how legends are. That's why they call them legends.
Now for trees...There WERE some old trees there until about 10 years ago. In that same hedge row. Up towards there house there are some big ones they will be taken down soon. Those are probably 75 to 100 years old. The glass jar which was broken looks dating to the age of the newer coins, which is 1940's, maybe newer. It had a screw lid like a mason jar, but a small size jar. These were not collector grade coins. And as caches go, assuming we have it all, not a huge one. I was there, I should know. Farmer had just disced. It had also a light rain they night before and the ground was fluffy, and the moisture retention was in the shade only, or about 4" down. Wind blows like all get out on that place. We have found a few wheaties, indians and buffalos, at least I have, but they have been scattered. Also found a spill the plow got about 150 feet away. Those were primarly early mercs with 1 or 2 barbers. I wonder if this was a child's stash? That was mentioned earlier. I can just imagine a grandparent giving a child the "lower grade" coins from his or her collection, and then the child burying them, maybe to keep safe from a sibling or whatever. Guess we'll never know.

I'm doing final processing on a video. Hope to have it up tonight. Didn't get fancy with titles or anything. But the whole dig is live to the end when the camera ran out of juice. I did a Windows Media player file so youtube wouldn't eat it. I have PROFESSIONAL video equipment, and these big programs take a bit to coerce into obedience.

Now I want to go back and see WHAT ELSE is there. We still have over 50 undetected acres.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread