UNBELIEVABLE FIND LOOK AT THE 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF!!!

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Unbelievable that is the first thing that came to mind when I found out my field has been mowed...I have been waiting for this moment for months...Driving by every day!!! Well today I got the call...It has been MOWED!!!! No way I said.....Yes way dude....I am on my way!!! And that is how it all started. I met my buddy John at the field and we decided to work around the area we parked. I usually park 100 feet further up the road so I had never hit this area....My first signal.....And what a signal........Now anyone who uses a Whites XLT knows if you get a +89 signal that does not waiver....You dig very carefully....I took my time pinpointing this target....5" deep....Well After getting down 5 inches I was still hitting a strong+89......Oh boy....I am telling you people....I had goosebumps....I still do....But there was a problem.....My target was not in the center of the hole like my trusty Whites XLT told me....Nor was it 5"s deep...It was on the side of the hole...at a HALF inch!!!! OMG I scratched it.....Poor John....He must have thought I was insane...I was running across the field on a dead run.....Screaming punch me in the face...I ruined it....What he was thinking......Until I opened my hand.... And there it was.............OMG A 1795 FLOWING HAIR HALF DOLLAR!!!! Well let me tell you....I am not sure IF I scratched her or if she was hit by the plow...All I know is she was hit....A HEART BREAKING thing...I almost puked on the spot...I hope this does kill the value....I also found this button...It has a girl scout type symbol with GS on the top an some type of bird in the symbol....And this worn big time...coppa. My buddy found a 1787 NJ copper in very nice shape....I would tell you more but I really want to post this....I must go puke now...sigh... ;D

Attachments

• draped.jpg
    draped.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 6,675
  • backdraped.jpg
    backdraped.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 6,951
  • edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 6,261
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 6,213
  • coppa.jpg
    coppa.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 6,172
Upvote 1

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wow !!! Way over the top find. It must have rattled your head to see that pop out. I;d say it looks like your digger smoked the edge like you figured. Don;t worry about hitting it we all do it sooner or later.I;ve knicked a few real old coins over the years and it always makes me feel like barfin' every time I look at them lol. One of the guys I started digging with 5 years ago smoked a mint condition Canadian 1914 fifty cent piece which is rare . It was under a root and he got a little too rambuctious and put a giant slash right across it. I;ll never forget the look on his face when he saw the mark and his brother commented that his coin just a worthless keepsake now lol.HH....Panz

GatorsMoon

Feb 26, 2008
Mason County
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX SunRay DX1 Probe
I'm gonna pass out!!!!! Put that under your pillow every night and sleep with it. Hold it! Hug it! Kissit!
Absolutely Awesome Find outraged. I am very happy for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread