Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The timing of yesterday's tide was good. The water was a little rough, considering that this beach is
technically in a bay. I wore a full 5mm wetsuit so the 56 degree water temperatures didn't bother me.
It is however a little too cold for bathers to spend more than 5 or 10 minutes in the water. Fresh drops are few to be found.
The highlight of the hunt was a vortex that produced 25 coins. Since my total coin finds was 29 coins, that vortex was significant. It would have been even better if this vortex consisted of quarters or nickels but it was a Penny Vortex. There was total of 23 pennies and two dimes. It took about 30 minutes to clean it out.
My friends and I define a Vortex as a small area where targets of similar weight and size, are deposited.
Another happy moment during the hunt was a target that got me a little excited. Anyone who uses an Excalibur and has recovered gold, knows the sound that it creates when your coil goes over it. Unfortunately, foil also creates that sound. Yep, I chased a piece of foil for about 10 minutes. lol 20170602_075710.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 8

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done !!!! Darn foil ! I must say after talking with you last year, I see water hunting in my future. Congrats and HH

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Keep checking, that gold ring vortex has got to be there somewhere!:icon_thumright: Now, if the foil would just learn to find the trash on its' own or at least the depositer make it a lot closer so there was less for the rest of us to deal with.

dman80

May 30, 2015
Low Country, SC
Detector(s) used
Deus XP, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, taking the Excal out this weekend to do a little water hunting but the water here is a little warmer. Most people stay on the land so hoping that there will be some good finds in the water already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions