Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So just got back from a vacation camping. I hunted an old saw mill/logging camp along a spring fed creek. I was using the 7inch dd for the mxs, which I absolutely love by the way. This coil has routinely surprised me by the way, in both sorting and depth. Anyway I was tickling an very old foundation that was only around 5x10 feet in size. At first I pulled a nice small crotal bell from the outside wall of the foundation about 15" down, my first one ever and it is filly intact! Next I move to inside the foundation after finding a few old files and an a few ox shoe halfs. Along the wall again on the inside the mxs just starts going nuts, just blabbering great signals 67-90 with one sweep across a 2 foot area. Almost thought I broke my detector for a minute. I continue swinging and changing sensitivity figuring I'm getting some kind of interference or theres a pile of nails or something screwing with me. I cranked it down and it just cleared up the signals... i cranked it up and it just added MORE signals to the single sweep. So I start digging and about 12 inches down out pops another bucket lister, my first large cent! Im so excited until i get a good look after a careful rinse... but lone and behold the soil here EATS stuff alive and its pretty worthless. I keep after it and I ended up pulling FOUR MORE from that Same Spot!!! All shot though. Now I'm wondering where did that 90's signal come from? low and slow over the same spot and I'm picking up the 90s signal just barely and start digging DEEEP. I get down to around 16 to 18 inches And then MY HEART STOPS and I look around in disbelief holding my best bucket lister to date an 1841 0 seated half!!! Its roasted as well, but I'll take it. The soil there was just brutal on everything, I included come modern clad I found that gives you a good idea what it does to stuff. Went back the next day and squeezed out 2 more largies. I love this machine..... it might start competing with my kid for my favorite thing in life if I'm not careful..... I'll try and get better pics of the half later....so toasty for silver.
20170719_213704.jpg 20170712_192227.jpg 20170719_213548.jpg

Upvote 24
OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Congrats on the excellent finds! :occasion14:

Thanks, been after all3 of these items for a few years now. then all of a sudden one hunt has em all

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
NICE! That's a great hunt and sounds like a fun vacation....16 to 18 inches with the whites? I gotta get one of those.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE! That's a great hunt and sounds like a fun vacation....16 to 18 inches with the whites? I gotta get one of those.

I was dumb founded when I kept digging that deep, must have been sitting perfectly flat. It has continued to surprise me every time I go hunt. That was with the 7 inch dd as well. cant imagine how deep the 13 inch goes... I gotta get one of those.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Toasted or not, they are always nice to find and since you found multiple, makes it a great day and trip.

sonofdust

Jan 30, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt, congrats.
Nice to hear your report on the 7". mine came in yesterday afternoon and as soon as the gas man fixes a leak I'm on my way to the lake.
GL&HH

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt, congrats.
Nice to hear your report on the 7". mine came in yesterday afternoon and as soon as the gas man fixes a leak I'm on my way to the lake.
GL&HH

you will love it, it does great on the iron infested old home sites and cellar holes. I usually run at around 5 to 8 on sensitivity depending on how chatty it gets on a site. Then if I get an light signal thats really jumpy but in a good repeatable jumpy way, I crank it up to 10 to check it out.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the wonderful finds, any one of them would be a welcomed sight!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very nice seated half, I'd love to see better pics of it. And the patina looks to be pretty much as it should for one from that era. Great hunt.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Wow! That half looks to be in great shape compared to the other coins. 18" deep with a 7" coil....Impressive!
HH ALL

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom soil was wet and it had a huge halo from the acidic soil. I believe that's the only reason it hit that deep

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some better pics 20170720_152837.jpg 20170720_152905.jpg

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a killer half!!! Damn!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome old coinage there mate. Sweet! Maybe crusty but, that half looks beautiful. Great finds.:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions