Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a mind to do some detecting today - Actually, night since its dark by 7pm now.
So I go driving around looking for a lot I haven't hit in at least a week, those are few and far in between. There were 2 possibilities within 5 miles or so, both still had kids running around and I tend to pass when kids are there.
So it strikes me that there is one within half a mile of my house that I haven't hit in over a year, the reason why is because I thought the lot was mostly unused. This lot is separated from the school by a street and is also fenced in except for one obscure entrance, it is right next to a running track. By the school itself there is another lot where the kids don't need to cross a street to get to and I figure thats the one where all the kids go, so I hit that one on a regular basis.

But the one across the street I ignore, don't even remember last time I hit it.
So for lack of anything else I decided to give it a try. Pretty obvious I was wrong, it is used and used alot. Also apparent that no one else has hit this lot, I was finding quarters just about every other step, lotsa dimes and nickels too. Some were down a ways in the chips, others on the surface and everywhere in between - Pocket was getting so full my pants were falling down. Looks like at least $10, not much into counting clad. With all of this clad I figured I'd find some rings too but I got stymied on that, just a couple obscure tags.
I'll probably try it again in a few weeks, all I left is pennies there I combed it pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    529.5 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 10

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s nice when you can walk away with a pocketful! That’s money you can spend now! Good job!

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I normally don't post clad finds but this is exceptional, rare to find a lot loaded like that.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That definitely paid for your gas.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You hit the jackpot! Nice!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul, Congrats! And just so you know, if your pants are falling down, you're in-style!

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Nice haul, Congrats! And just so you know, if your pants are falling down, you're in-style!

The General says you are wrong SD, lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwhl4IrPNc

This lot is separated from the school by a street and is also fenced in except for one obscure entrance,

I'll probably try it again in a few weeks, all I left is pennies there I combed it pretty good.

If it's isolated and obscure it's probably a good hangout for the older kids. I hope those rings were just hiding under the pennies and you turn up the gold on the next trip. Churning out that much clad is a good omen.

Dig

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Usually pretty easy to tell a single near surface penny vs multiple targets [coin spill signal, dinging like mad and VDI jumps around], but wouldn't hurt to scoop them up just to reduce the signals.
Not really isolated but you are right, the older kids that run on the track and use the field must use the lot, younger kids on the school side. Wouldn't make sense for the youngsters to cross a street when they have a lot right next to the school.

Actually, I think most lots would stock up like this if they remained undetected.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread