The best treasure is friends, TN Mass hunt

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Yesterday 7 of us from TN got together at our house for a hunt. I could'nt believe all the gifts that were brought. After much story telling, and treasre tales, we hit the road and started at the old Grist Mill. Much to our surprise the area was VERY clean. A 1919 wheatie, an old flat button (which is soaking to see the marks on the back) a piece with colored plastic stones, a unique what is it, oh I got an old bottle cap :D, and Scott found a modern quarter, we're not sure if Lara planted it for him or it came out of his own pocket :D.

We did decide to hit the corn fields and pumpkin patch, what a beautiful place to be. Lots of old lead which is promising, rusty tractor parts, few bullets, a 1910 wheatie and a modern dime.

Off to the town owned field above my house. The grass was a liitle tall and there were thousands of grass hoppers scurryigng around, every step they would jump out all over the place. We weren't there but 15 min, when we heard the quick bleep of a siren, then....."EVERY ONE OUT OF THE FIELD" from the loud speaker :-[. I went to talk with the "NICE" officer. He explained to me that a neighbor had called ad was afraid we would be taking Indian Artifacts ::). I asked "with a METAL detector?" He explaind we could walk around with our detectors all we wanted, but it would be a FELONY if we removed any thing from town property and he could arrest us (not that he had a problem with us being there at all ::)) STATE LAW ya know. I tried to explain to him he was mistaken, but I agreed to leave ( before "I" ended up in the back of the cruiser, I shook his hand :-\ and we departed grumbling and laughing. It was my husbands idea to try the field :-X.

Off to hunt around the woods by my house, nothing to write home about, so we grabbed our SCOUT Dan for the tour and headed down below the dam, where we found a well dug bottle dump, fossils, drift wood, some rusty iron, an old pair of pliers (left the detectors home, it was too steep a climb to haul the stuff with us). We laughed allot down there walking the rocks looking for a stray arrow head, telling stories and bantering back and forth. Lucky even had to carry his wonderful old dog through a couple of spots :D.

It was a beautiful day, and there is so much more to tell. I would like to thank you all for comming and I look forward to Fall when we hit those fields again. Thanks for all the presents!
Kim

Attachments

• deer mill fields 012.JPG
    deer mill fields 012.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 1,128
  • mass hunt 004.JPG
    mass hunt 004.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 1,085
  • mass hunt 003.JPG
    mass hunt 003.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,090
  • mass hunt 002.JPG
    mass hunt 002.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,115
  • mass hunt 001.JPG
    mass hunt 001.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • deer mill fields 009.JPG
    deer mill fields 009.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,111
  • deer mill fields 012.JPG
    deer mill fields 012.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 1,138
Upvote 0
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
More pictures. I wish I had asked the officer to get a picture together ;D.

Attachments

• mass hunt 013.JPG
    mass hunt 013.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,005
  • mass hunt 014.JPG
    mass hunt 014.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,008
  • mass hunt 016.JPG
    mass hunt 016.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,014
  • mass hunt 012.JPG
    mass hunt 012.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,015
  • mass hunt 011.JPG
    mass hunt 011.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • mass hunt 009.JPG
    mass hunt 009.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,041
  • mass hunt 008.JPG
    mass hunt 008.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,072
  • mass hunt 005.JPG
    mass hunt 005.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,089

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like an incredibly fun day sis! Glad you guys all had a good time and met good folks and I am sure everyone will be looking forward to the next hunt! :D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
It looks like you had a blast! Too bad you didn't find more goodies but it looks like you found a bunch of new friendshipes and that's as good or better than a piece of metal! (Actually I think it's better but some hard-core MDers might disagree). I'm envious ;D

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it sounds and looks like a good time was had by all, and that was the most important factor for the day!

Yes, you should have at least got a pic of the cop even if while leaving. :)
I got one of the three state police who "talked" to me earlier this summer. :) LOL, but mine had to walk a block thru tick infested underbrush to visit me. :)

Don

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Fantastic! Glad to see Tnetters getting together! Could you identify some of the folks so the rest of us know! Looks like you guys had a blast!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
A few finds, but getting together sounds like the key. It doesn't look like I live far from you, so I hope I don't hit the same field you got the boot from. Oh well, The Officer probably wouldn't have thought twice about all of you out there if it wasn't for a call from the nosey neighbor and then the Officer has no choice but to respond. Maybe I will see you all out there some time.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
gypsyheart said:
Fantastic! Glad to see Tnetters getting together! Could you identify some of the folks so the rest of us know! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Laralucine, Cubfan64, they were here last year, AU4ME, Garretman64, Johnny cache hunter, and Lucky. Lucky was the right name too!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
lost at sea said:
A few finds, but getting together sounds like the key. It doesn't look like I live far from you, so I hope I don't hit the same field you got the boot from. Oh well, The Officer probably wouldn't have thought twice about all of you out there if it wasn't for a call from the nosey neighbor and then the Officer has no choice but to respond. Maybe I will see you all out there some time.

Maybe yu should hook up with us in the fall? Yeah the nosey neighbor >:(. But I got permission to hunt the field across the RD last night :D.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, beautiful place you have up there. Very nice pics. I wonder if the officer was right saying it was a state law to not hunt on town property? It might pay you to check it out and see. It's good all of you got together and hunted. Have a good one

DANGLANGLEY

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Hey CC,Looks like you had a blast.That's great,nothing can compair with good memories and good friends.

I told you to keep an eye out for the "critters",next time,don't disturb the "bears" ;D

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wonderful pics what a nice place to live.

Your friendly officer probably gets lots of calls from the same noisy person. Next time you need to put on headdresses and the lot of you go dancing in the field. See what noisy comes up with next.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CG,
That looks like a blast! What a neat post. Thanks for the great pictures.
-MM-

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Country Girl,

Thank you so much for graciously hosting us and providing a fun filled day.
Getting together and sharing experiences and stories, along with lots of laughs, was terrific.

If the opportunity presents itself to do it again, I'd be there in a minute.
Of course if you find yourself heading my way don't hesitate to drop me a note and we can hook up for a day of Beach hunting.

Please also extend my sincere thanks to Gary for allowing us meet at your home and to Dan for his informative and fun tour of the Turners Falls area. I loved seeing that old bridge abutment hidden away in the woods.

It really was a great day and I'm very glad to have met everyone!

Johnny Cache Hunter

Attachments

• Tnet Group id.jpg
    Tnet Group id.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 881

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT that you all could meet up and hunt! 8) Always love seeing the site pics and the hunters! Adds so much more to the read. :)

Congrats on those finds and the opportunity to hunt together.

Nana ;)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
DANGLANGLEY said:
Wow, beautiful place you have up there. Very nice pics. I wonder if the officer was right saying it was a state law to not hunt on town property? It might pay you to check it out and see. It's good all of you got together and hunted. Have a good one

DANGLANGLEY

He said it was larceny to remove any thing from a school yard or a playground, park. It's a STATE law? I have a friend that works for the a town down the road and she says I can hunt any town property . I have had officers drive by in other towns while hunting parks, no problems. So I'm very sure he is wrong. Thanks for comming along!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks for the help Johnny, it was a great time, I couldn't have found a better group of people. Well maybe in the Fall there will be a few more great folks!

Papa if he was wearing a trench coat, I probably would have gotten arrested :D!

Thanks everyone for comming along!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
BTW CG...you didn't show us any ics of the feast you prepared for the gang after that tough, hard day of hunting. If you didn't have one, I might know of a chef that would be willing to do so for a small stipend ::)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See how you got you TN name now. :)

Top Member Reactions