Wild West Finds - Two Bucket Listers Scratched!!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a garbage dump from an old mining camp along the side of this dirt road near home. Still in awe. I never expected to find an old General Service button in a place like this, let along three of them! All in great shape. And right next to the Eagle buttons and the Levi button and rivets you see in the photos there, was another first for me, and something Ive always wanted to find: A 10 gauge all brass shotgun shell from UMC. Can anyone put a date on this?

The old Blue Rival shell was nearby, another first I think, but I find shotgun shells like this all the time. Also found those pearl buttons and a couple of larger rivets, both have some leaf design on them.

Last but not least is this little square glass thing, which makes me think of China for some reason. I know its old because of where I found it. This old mining camp garbage debris field has not been contaminated with modern junk like many of the other places around here, apart from two or three modern broken bottles along the road, which were probably chucked out the window by people driving down the road. Other than that its all old tin cans, old broken glass shards, including a lot of purple shards mixed in. Square nails and regular nails are all over the place, and I even saw a few pieces of our local O'odham Indian pottery you see all over out here.

DSC04586.jpg DSC04587.jpg DSC04588.jpg DSC04590.jpg DSC04591.jpg DSC04592.jpg

DSC04584.jpg DSC04585.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 21

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions