EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HALF DOLLARS FROM MACHINES

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Garrett Pro, Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to my bank today to get the 24.00 in halves they had, to my surprise the manager told me the coin machine had just filled up with halves and had 1k of halves brought in by the public and they were sending to the federal reserve.....I asked if I could buy them, to my great surprise she said no problem.......they air sealed them in this bag and I am now going thru them, I saw several silvers in the bag already and am so psyched about this........I will post the results when finished tonight.........see the pic.......I taped over the bank name as I do not want anyone knowing my new favorite bank in the whole world!!! 20171110_173030 (1).jpg

Upvote 7

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to your final count. Congrats!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am eager to see what your silver finds are ! Just so you know , if you post your results on the coin roll hunting forum of this site , you will get an audience that is freaky for this method of finding silvers ! ( I'm freaky for it too )

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can someone enlighten me on what he is doing? I don't understand. Thanks!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Armor9 , What he is doing , is purchasing large quantities of U.S. half dollars ,and as Capone mentioned , he hopes to pull silver halfs .

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting. And if I am correct since he is getting them from a bank he is just paying .50 each? So technically he can’t lose money right?

OP
OP
C

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes, I paid face value for the 1k, I gave them 1k they gave me 2k halves, but here is the kicker, I saw the bank manager pull the bag from the machine that was open to the public and dump the halves in an air sealed bag and I got them, this means they came direct from the public, the bank manger told me it had taken a long time to fill that machine so i was confident it was just not someone dumping old halves, i just finished and the haul was incredible.........

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool, congrats on a good haul. When you say machine what do you mean? So like could I go to my bank and ask them to give me all their 1/2 dollars and have a chance of getting even one silver?

OP
OP
C

coinhunter inc.

Apr 16, 2015
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this bank has an open machine that people use to put their coins in and the machine prints out a receipt, when machine fills up the bank sends to the fed where between the tellers and the fed most of the silver gets pulled, I got this load before the tellers and fed got it and got a huge silver haul, but if you go to your bank and ask them to buy all their halves, they usually only have 10-15 bucks but yes, I have found if you find halves brought in by the public that have not been purged by the bank tellers you have an excellent chance at finding silver.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Armor9, If you go to the Coin Roll Hunting forum on this site , your questions about this will be cleared up . Although this is about hunting a bag which came off the coin counter , this also gets discussed in the coin roll hunting forum . There is a section at the top of the site for frequently asked questions .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread