sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m on vacation and promised myself that despite the things that I need to do around the house, I’ll try to get out and do some detecting. Today it was forecasted to rain so I decided to make a quick trip to the local go-to park.

I’ve hunted this park literally over a hundred times and my buddy and I have pulled many older silver coins out of it. In fact I go here so often that I purchase an annual city park pass to keep from having to pay the five buck entry fee.

Anyway, today I hit an older area of the park that has produced well in the past. As I was swinging in an area that I’ve been over before, I got a repeatable 1-40 on the Etrac. It showed to be shallow so I ruled out it being a silver dollar. I asked myself if I wanted to dig another sprinkler head and initially I started to walk away. But, I figured I came out to metal detect and there was a piece of metal under my coil, so I may as well see what it is.

I dug a large plug and put my pinpointer in the hole. There was no signal so I checked the plug. My pinpointer went off near the side of the plug. This just got a bit more interesting. I knocked off some of the dirt and low and behold, a silver dollar was staring back at me.

It ended up being an 1896s Morgan silver dollar. It’s a bit worn but I’m happy with it. Everyone says it, but this just proves it. No place is truly hunted out.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510879356.191237.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510879407.740885.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510879443.711456.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510879469.282496.jpg

Upvote 66

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want ONE before I die. Nice score on the BIG silver coin. Worn but, still Beautiful.:headbang:

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want ONE before I die. Nice score on the BIG silver coin. Worn but, still Beautiful.:headbang:
Awesome,.congrats and all that!
That is a once in a life time find....I'm jealous! And Last!!! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you just paid for your park pass. Congrats on the huge silver

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the rim in that plug niceee! awesome find man and your right no place is truly hunted out!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s amazing things like that are still around and so obvious. I dug a1903-s earlier this year in a park like you describe...a “go-to” place that I’ve hunted ALOT. This signal was a bit more sketchy than yours and was in with a square nail right on top of it but nonetheless...it was there. Digging something THAT BIG is CRAZY! I’m sure you feel the same way I felt,just dumbstruck!
That’s a hell of a find for anyone anywhere,HUGE congrats on a pretty rare find. Morgan’s don’t just hop out of the ground every day...

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty! That's some truth about never being hunted out! Sprinkler head signals...Been there done that! LOL!:headbang:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so awesome, congrats!

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. Congrats

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's something about seeing a well worn dirty coin coming out of the ground that just never gets old. This one is certainly one of them.....congrats !

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what I'd do if i saw a silver coin that size in my plug. I'd probably need a xanax to calm down. Sweet dig! :icon_thumleft:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jaysix

Dec 14, 2016
Portage, pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac (current)
Garrett At Pro (previous)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!! Guess I should be digging the 1-40 signals.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really liking the looks of the silver, worn, warm, and something that one never gets tired of looking at, congratulations on digging it, instead of doing the pass.
Maybe just maybe one day one will be starring back at me from the dirt.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic! That gives all of us hope.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Me too Kurios, what the heck, let's add a gold coin as well, just ONE of EACH before we die.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread