New person here first find ! A pretty nice shark tooth on Seagrape beach !

Nov 24, 2017
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Auqanaut 10"
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Brand new detector, 41 years old , world traveling adventurer. I got the MD gold bug and just moved to Sebastian from Ohio. So far I have been MD everyday for about a week on the treasure coast beaches (Not in the water or on the dunes of course). I have been cleaning up a lot of aluminum can pieces that is for sure ! I am super patient and today I found a shark tooth and I thought I would post it here for you. Next step will be walking down to the Corrigan's wreck site! Who knows maybe a lost Royal is laying around : ). You never know if you don't try right?!
I did a lot of research on this site before I got here. Thank you for all the amazing advice so far on my search. I found my first coins today as well a penny and a Quarter ! I know the beaches are empty of gold but I always have a fun time searching. I heard the old sharks teeth can be worth a few dollars as well.So if you see me out on the beaches please do say hi ! 20171124_124410.jpg

Upvote 20
OP
OP
H
Nov 24, 2017
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thank you very much for the replys and encouragement from some top posters . It's a big beach out there hope to see some of you as well! Il be cleaning up every scrap of junk I detect so that will help . I hope to find a good spot and il be sure to post up if I do. What an excellent hobby and the beaches are amazing! Sebastian is a really nice town very Piratey!

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Ah! Livin' the dream. I am now confined to Buckeye Land, myself so I will have to be with you in spirit. As you probably know there were several U.S. Presidents and astronauts from Ohio. It is a great state to be FROM ! ( Supposed to be a joke )
I have been watching youtube videos for years, and a couple of the MD'ers have pretty good luck higher up in the dune and weedy areas where most people don't look, or where old deposits are washed out by storm action. You can start out small and just find 4 R's, 2 Escudos, and small emeralds before the yard long gold chains and what have you show up. Seriously, I wish you Good Luck! I am looking forward to seeing your future posts with some great finds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the tooth, it's another addiction looking for them in the sand.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet and the addiction. Nice find you will find many great things. I hope to see more posts from you. I'm from Ann Arbor and have lived all over the Ohio area . Florida sounds much better.Thanks and keep posting Tommy

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Oakton, VA. Very nice tooth!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Welcome.

5D43F2FD-C7D5-439F-9F00-D6FC4CE63CF5.jpeg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the tooth! :occasion14:

I would not give up on the beaches...no place is ever "hunted out"!

GL & HH

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Humble, Welcome aboard from Illinois ! I always like to see the sharks teeth posted. I dont get to the coast at all, but if I do, I will sure stumble around the ocean front in hopes of finding some of those nice teeth.

OP
OP
H
Nov 24, 2017
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thank you all for the responses and encouragement! I will keep trying ! I wonder what kind of tooth this is ? It is about the size of a quarter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread