Baldingboy and Mastereagle Hunting again.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, Mastereagle and I went back to the old house where we found silver and the old 1890 Centava coin.

Mastereagle started the night off by digging a zipper pull and he was elated. I have posted this in a seperate post. I pretty much ignored this distraction and proceeded to swing my XLT. Anyway, as Mastereagle's Explorer (or as I call it..confuser) grunted, popped, moaned and burped, I went about digging targets. Boy that ground is hard!!

We dug and dug like badgers and managed a few pennies here and there. None were wheat pennies, so we started digging deeper targets. I finally managed a few things:

100_3437.jpg

I don't know what this is:

100_3460.jpg
100_3440.jpg

Also found this:

100_3461.jpg

And I don't know what this is...but I like it!

100_3445.jpg

A penny for size

100_3453.jpg

100_3463.jpg

100_3464.jpg

Mastereagle found one Wheat Penny before leaving and this finished things on a tolerable note. I wish we would have found more, but with the hard ground and the fact that we have been over this before and gotten the more accessible coins, we had a rough hunt. We will be back though.

Upvote 0

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
I know what rough hunts are all about trust me....keep at it. I know I have and I STILL haven't found a silver coin. A couple buffalo nickels and a few wheats...but THATS IT!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
What ever it is I like it,too! Hope you all get some rain soon to soften up the ground around there. HH

Desertfox

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds ;D and i know what you mean about the hard ground, like concrete around here , congrats ;)

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Distraction, you call me a distraction?

Well let's tell em how the day's hunt really started out. First I get to BB's house and he is late again. So late in fact I have time to do surgery on the Beast and install the Sunray X1 (ok so it only took about three minutes). Then when he shows up he tells me to run my machine in his yard and I do and find something and he tells me, "Dig it." So I start a hole that will make a strip-miner proud in his front yard. About that time BB's wife comes out and starts giving me what's for about digging in "HER" yard. I try to explain that BB told me to, but that doesn't work. No surprise there. :)

Finally after about three hours (10 mins or so) BB comes out of the house with his stuff. He stops at the mailbox for some strange reason and puts his headphone on his mailbox ??? ??? He loads all his stuff in my car and then says "Oh did you want to take my truck tonight?" After he already loaded all his stuff into my car. So I tell him no and we finish up loading all his stuff. We start to drive away and he says to me "Wait I forgot to close the garage door." So I pull into his driveway and he starts across his driveway toward his truck like a slug on salt flats trying to avoid the salt. :) FINALLY he makes it across the yard and back to the car and we are ready to go. As we pull out and start heading up the street I look in my rearview mirror and see a metal metal detectorist. I think to myself, "Why is the mailbox wearing headphones?" It then occurs to me that BB has forgotten his headphones on the mailbox where he left them. So into reverse and back down the street we go to recover BB's phones.

Finally after what seems like hours and after I have grown a beard and mustache we are off. :) We arrive at the Silver House as BB calls it and we start getting all of our stuff together and setting up to hunt, when in a little whiny girls voice BB says to me, I forgot my gloves we need to go back Home, and starts stomping his feet and waving his hands in the air, like he don't care. (no offense ladies). Well I can't see much of a problem here the ground is dry and pretty clean of glass and stuff so I tell BB this.

Turns out BB didn't want to ruin his French Manicure!!!! ;D :D :D :) So, being the anal rententive character that I am I go to my bag and pull out my BRAND NEW, backup pair of gloves. You know the never worn gloves that I bought over the weekend, the $30 a pair heavy duty contractor kind and I let BB use them. He was nice enough to "offer" to let me wear them and he would wear the pair I normally wear if I wanted to. But I let him wear them, we wouldn't want his French Manicure ruined. ;D :D

As far as the rest of the hunt goes, it was hot, the digging was hard and the finds were few and far between but I had a great time being out detecting with BB and swinging the Beast. Those silver coins were able to hide from us this time but BB and I have a new strategy and we'll get em next time.

Until next time HH and may all your good signals be shallow. :)

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
grogmug said:
I know what rough hunts are all about trust me....keep at it. I know I have and I STILL haven't found a silver coin. A couple buffalo nickels and a few wheats...but THATS IT!
Giant056 said:
Looks like a good successful hunt to me !!!! ;D ;D

desertfox said:
What ever it is I like it,too! Hope you all get some rain soon to soften up the ground around there. HH

Desertfox

grogmug,
I have only found one in about 7 months of detecting. You will find one when you least expect it! Keep hitting those old home sites. I have never found a buffalo.

Giant,
Yeah, not too bad, but we hunted for about 5 hours for that stuff. Hard work for not too much stuff. Thanks.

desertfox,
I really want to find out what it was attached to. It appears to have come off an old military or town celebration ribbon. I may be way off though. Whatever it is, it truly looks old. Hope you get some rain too.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
paul1410 said:
Interesting finds, guys.

Where's the rest of the watch? ???

Enjoyed the posts.

Thanks for sharing.

Green1 said:
nice items for sure,,, a cufflink end maybe ??

Paul,
I don't know where the rest of it is. My detector barked and I stopped and dug this up. I checked and re-checked the hole and nothing else was there. This site is close to a well traveled street. Perhaps someone just chucked it in the yard when they broke it and the rest fell elsewhere. Believe it or not, This is the second watch (frame only) that I have found while detecting. The other one was kind of a tank watch frame and I found it at an old school in town. HH

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
BB, re-post anoher picture of that thing when you get it cleaned up. Maybe between the two of us or all of us we can ID it.

Desertfox

MasterEagle, great story, keep us laffin'

DF

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
mastereagle22 said:
Distraction, you call me a distraction?

Well let's tell em how the day's hunt really started out. First I get to BB's house and he is late again. So late in fact I have time to do surgery on the Beast and install the Sunray X1 (ok so it only took about three minutes). Then when he shows up he tells me to run my machine in his yard and I do and find something and he tells me, "Dig it." So I start a hole that will make a strip-miner proud in his front yard. About that time BB's wife comes out and starts giving me what's for about digging in "HER" yard. I try to explain that BB told me to, but that doesn't work. No surprise there. :)

Finally after about three hours (10 mins or so) BB comes out of the house with his stuff. He stops at the mailbox for some strange reason and puts his headphone on his mailbox ??? ??? He loads all his stuff in my car and then says "Oh did you want to take my truck tonight?" After he already loaded all his stuff into my car. So I tell him no and we finish up loading all his stuff. We start to drive away and he says to me "Wait I forgot to close the garage door." So I pull into his driveway and he starts across his driveway toward his truck like a slug on salt flats trying to avoid the salt. :) FINALLY he makes it across the yard and back to the car and we are ready to go. As we pull out and start heading up the street I look in my rearview mirror and see a metal metal detectorist. I think to myself, "Why is the mailbox wearing headphones?" It then occurs to me that BB has forgotten his headphones on the mailbox where he left them. So into reverse and back down the street we go to recover BB's phones.

Finally after what seems like hours and after I have grown a beard and mustache we are off. :) We arrive at the Silver House as BB calls it and we start getting all of our stuff together and setting up to hunt, when in a little whiny girls voice BB says to me, I forgot my gloves we need to go back Home, and starts stomping his feet and waving his hands in the air, like he don't care. (no offense ladies). Well I can't see much of a problem here the ground is dry and pretty clean of glass and stuff so I tell BB this.

Turns out BB didn't want to ruin his French Manicure!!!! ;D :D :D :) So, being the anal retentive character that I am I go to my bag and pull out my BRAND NEW, backup pair of gloves. You know the never worn gloves that I bought over the weekend, the $30 a pair heavy duty contractor kind and I let BB use them. He was nice enough to "offer" to let me wear them and he would wear the pair I normally wear if I wanted to. But I let him wear them, we wouldn't want his French Manicure ruined. ;D :D

As far as the rest of the hunt goes, it was hot, the digging was hard and the finds were few and far between but I had a great time being out detecting with BB and swinging the Beast. Those silver coins were able to hide from us this time but BB and I have a new strategy and we'll get em next time.

Until next time HH and may all your good signals be shallow. :)

Ok..your not a distraction...YOUR AN ANNOYANCE! OK..I feel better now.

Fist of all, I wasn't late. I was ten minutes early. I showed up and Mastereagle is sitting in his car (gunning the motor). I can't even see him for all the metal detecting crap he has piled in the car. It appears a small tribe of gypsies have come for a visit. I pile out of my treasure hauler and he is already standing on the driveway champing at the bit. I give him something to do to keep him occupied. "Go ahead and run your detector while I'm in the house getting changed". Since he has detachment issues, I go ahead and put my head phones on the mailbox so that he has someone to talk to.

I am in the house a few minutes and then come out and he has dug a hole that could double as a Burmese Tiger Trap. He says, "Wow, I am already hitting the earths core and still can't find this thing". I asked him what it was supposed to be and he says, "Penny". I tell him to fill the hole; he does and we leave. When we get in the car, he says...I think your wife might have been mad that I was digging a hole in the yard. I said, "I don't think so", knowing that once again in my married life, I was probably wrong. As we left, I noticed that my wife and kids were standing around the filled hole. I was taken back to the pictures you see of people standing in the field where a airplane crashed and there is a large crater with smoke coming out of the ground.

We get to the detecting site and I realized that I forgot my gloves. Mr Dishpan hands, says "I have a pair in the trunk you can wear". Well.....color me surprised! If I needed.......say........a Chinese Battle Mace...he would have one in that bag.

We had a very long, very hot evening hunt! We did, however, manage to have some fun. Like I always say, I would rather be detecting. Even if it's with Mastereagle22.

Next time we will get more silver buddy.

HH all!

Baldingboy

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
lost at sea said:
Nice finds.

weasel606 said:
nice finds ;D and i know what you mean about the hard ground, like concrete around here , congrats ;)

lost at sea,
Thanks for the post.

weasel,
Yeah, just today, we got a break in the heat. Temp not too bad now...just really need some rain. (But not like 40 days and 40 nights worth either). Seems to be feast or famine weatherwise around here.

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
You guys crack me up, it would be a pleasure to hunt with you two anytime. Oh, nice finds. HH
Jim

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
You weren't late? Did you forget you set your watch and all your clocks back by 30 minutes so that you can get an extra few minutes of sleep each day? Man I wish I had a job where I could just wander in any time I felt like it. When you pulled up I was actually out of the car and had my "detecting crap" sitting on the curb, remember? Hello? Don't tell me you were having another one of your acid flashbacks again. :) ;D :D

Nothing wrong with Gypsies.

Ok I didn't want to say anything for fear of you getting in trouble but you know the conversation went more like this. "Hey man I dug so many big holes in my yard last night that my wife is going to kill me when she comes out, so dig a few more and she will think you did it." So being the friend I am, I tried to help you out, and I get yelled at and threatened in the process. Gee thanks buddy.

I won't argue about the detachment issues but if that were the case why did you put the phones on the mailbox, lean down open the door and whisper into the mailbox and pat it on top?? And then you started laughing and you hugged the thing like it was Jessica Alba in a bikini! Pretty strange to me, I almost got in my car and drove off right then. If the embrace had lasted just a few seconds more I would have been out of there!

It would have to be a really small Burmese Tiger, or a really old one to be caught by my "trap".

And actually your wife and kids were searching for that rat you call a dog, since he had fallen into one of the many uncovered holes you left in your yard when you were recovering your treasure from the night before. I keep telling you, "take your trash out with you and always fill in your holes, but no you don't listen." :)

Anyone who has seen pictures of my finds with my hands knows that I do not have dishpan hands. See what I have to work with here people, this guy is nutz, crazy!!! :)

And come on the Chineese didn't ever use Mace type weaponry. I do have a Dao or a Qiang if an invading hord of enemies should attack us though. Doesn't everyone carry these in their detector bags? ??? ??? ???

Don't worry bro I got your back. :) Let's go huntin!!!!!!!!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
You know...

Yours names... if someone looks real fast...

A person might read them as Masterboy and Baldeagle.

Just sayin' ... :D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I've been laughing so hard I forgot all about that fancy star thing that had me facinated in the beginning! You two are a hoot! I think we should see a picture of both your hands :D.

I would be curious to know more about the star when you find out.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
The top three are pictures of finds I have posted before, you can tell I don't have dishpan hands.

The bottom are Baldingboy's Hands. I think the picture speaks for itself. :)

Now who's the one with Dishpan Hands? Notice the quality of his Manicure?? ;D:) :D ;D

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 389
  • index2.jpg
    index2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 395
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 398
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg