Hit old plantation again for a few hours(this time coin finds)

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Found a few other cool looking things. Not sure on what any of these would have been part of. the one bar looking thing looks like it might have said STERLING - (the rest of the bar is gone) the metal is real smooth and i came up on detector as coin. Also found 2 Quarters a 79 and 65 and also 3 wheats 2 of em where stuck together in the same hole. A 35, 38, and 24. The one with the green looking crud on it was alot worse. Infact couldn't read anothing on it. so i tried something i use on my rusty metals and it cleaned up nice. infact If i clean it some more i can make the green crud vanish. All it is is a gel rust remover. didn't keep it on for long and used a tooth brush to scrub at it. HH

Attachments

• plantation finds.jpg
    plantation finds.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

ruck

Mar 5, 2005
Mansfield,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Numerous
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey M.M.
Nice finds,but I think you really need to be verrry carefull about how
you clean them.
HH

Ruck

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty

I found two of the same handles that are in your pic. Do you have any idea what they were on? Nice finds! Relics really flip my switch, and if I find coins along the way thats just a great day!

Hambone

R

rvbvetter

? ?? ? ? ? Great finds!!? ? I don't really know, but the handle reminds me of wash tub handles.? ? HH

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
What y all are calling handels.
Could they be part of a saddle strap cinch ring ??? ???

Just a wild guess.

Red

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great finds!!!
I have a handle almost exactly like that, also... Not sure what it was for, but I was looking for the rest of the Treasure chest when I found it... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread