dfx wont ground balance

R

rixdfx

question for you dfx users.....how do u get your dfx to ground balance on beach sand...i was in gulf shores this past week....my dfx would air balance, but would not ground balance on the sand....it would still detect pull tabs and coins on the sand, but i am wondering if i actually passed over some good finds because of not being able to ground balance....all help would be greatly appreciated....

Upvote 0

camcolo

Mar 17, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Whites Beach Hunter TDI
The most important thing is to use the beach program that is on your dfx. Tone ID and VCO settings are enabled (which sets it apart from the Coin and Jewelry program) But you may want to tweak it a little. I would Buy the book by Jeff Foster. http://www.digdeepdfx.com./index.htm

If the ground mineralization is very low, it will say it cannot ground balance. This is normal.

Also, you may want to visit www.dfxonly.com and see if anyone can help you.

I wish I was on the beach! But that is my 2 cents! Of course, I live at 8600 feet. Watching the snow melt.... slowly.

CAM

OP
OP
R

rixdfx

cam..thnx for the reply...i did have it set on beach program.....i guess the mineralization was very low...that beach area must have been very clean...plus they did have a bulldozer on the beach reconstructing the beach....alot of spring breakers there and i would have bet a paycheck that i would have found one ring at least..oh well....we had a blast anyway...and it was beautiful....happy hunting.....ricky

Hambone

Jan 4, 2005
Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camcolo

I live near the beach in Texas an I would gladly switch places with you in July and August when it is 102 and the humidity is 100 percent.

Hambone

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Did you have u'r settings adjusted to sand (still mineralized conditions), in coin mode and "Track" setting to sand?

Pine, howdy from Colorado too. Write to 49er to exchange info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread