Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did mange to get to two sites yesterday. I have been to each in the past. At first, all I was finding was junk, but goodies seem to move in "herds" so to speak, and finally walked up on some keepers. Besides pieces of brass whatzits, the first site produced a fired round ball, a Standing Liberty Quarter, 1926 but well worn and to my surprise a nice red stone and gold ring! Ring seem to turn up in the oddest places for me, mainly lawns, not parks. I cleaned the ring as much as possible, but the shank is well bent, and I may see about straightening it. I think it's pre WWII. The first picture is a colonial button, toasted colonial copper, the two Indian cents and a Lincoln and another cent.

I went to the second site, a place I had detected a long time ago, and expanded the original search area. I've know then people since forever, but you know it goes, we get busy, which is no excuse. From that area I also got some brass whatzits, lots of aluminum, two Indian cents, both wasted and both dated 1893, a Barber half, 1896, it has also seen its best day a long time ago, and the what I think is awesome dual running horse pin made of brass. The pin is still intact on the back, and it could easily be buffed and worn again. I think it's late 19th or early to mid 20th Century. They don't make brass pins that heavy anymore. If you have any ideas let me know. It was right at the edge of a plow zone.

The choicest pieces and surprises of the were a cut piece of an 8 Reale Spanish milled "dollar", from either the reign of Carolus III or Carolus IV. I dropped it and chased it for a few minutes before I was able to find it with the pinpointer. I also found a colonial button. Lotsa fun. View attachment IMG_0816.jpg View attachment IMG_0817.jpg View attachment IMG_0819.jpg View attachment IMG_0820.jpg View attachment IMG_0821.jpg

Upvote 39

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There you go again Smokey! You had a great day!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer hunt! :notworthy:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey was SMOKING on this hunt!:headbang: WOW! Silver, Gold, precious GEMS, old Coppers, Colonial Buttons, Spanish Silver, and cool Horsies! You pretty much covered the whole Enchilada mate! WOO HOO! You can take the rest of the weekend off doing house chores.:tongue3: Well done and thanks for sharing your plunder!:blackbeard::skullflag::icon_pirat:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG Smokey! I like that horse pin and of course silver is always nice. :headbang:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You hit a real nice one out of the park Smokey. Congrats

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds I love the ring.

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, amazing hunt! Congrats!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey the cat is my idol ��. - nice finds!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Smokey, that cut 8 slice is a winner. Steve Triplenipple555 speaks highly of you. Cheers!

terryna

Mar 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great find,congrats
o.png

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Smokey you killed it again!!! Bravo :hello2:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smokey, you are on another rampage of finds.Rather an awesome assortment there Your hunts always make me swear to do better in the future.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. I went back a little while today and got just a few things. Flat colonial button, bent, a draped bust cent, I haven't cleaned it as of this stage. It was laying in an iron patch and I'm not sure how to proceed. Looks like there is detail under the rust. And finally, a pair of late 18th to early 19th century silver cufflinks, they are still attached to each other and the one is cracked in the middle, but I'll take it. I also eyeballed a huge piece of slip decorated redware, a bowl way deep in a hole and took it out. I'm going to see if there is enough there to restore.

View attachment IMG_0822.jpg View attachment IMG_0823.JPG View attachment 1566113 View attachment IMG_0826.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread