Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission to hunt a lot close to a battle site last week. I hunted there and found several bullets and half of them are Enfields. I also dug a large piece of a lead sabot off of an artillery shell. I went back to this site on Monday hoping to get a few more keepers. It was slow but I had dug a couple of bullets and I was working the edges slow to cover all the grounds. I had another deep bullet signal but after digging down about 8" my first US box plate rolled out! The edges are chewed off but man that US stands out so nicely and I am excited to have found another cool piece of history. I have been very fortunate to have dug two US buckles, an Eagle breast plate and this US box plate in the last four months. HH-David

DU7i5to.jpg
fbi4J7b.jpg

LOQJ6Ck.jpg
A18445d.jpg

Upvote 23

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those finds are really awesome! Such a haunting story those pictures tell, sends chills for me. Congratulations on a great grouping of history for sure, and good luck on your quest for more!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an outstanding hunt! It's a feeling that only us diggers understand and it never gets old. Congratulations!!

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the box plate! Four plates in four months is unreal, I hope that you can keep that pace going.....I've been happy with about one per year.--JB

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Aint a damn thing wrong with a dig like that!! It's been a couple year's for me. Great snag's :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those finds are really awesome! Such a haunting story those pictures tell, sends chills for me. Congratulations on a great grouping of history for sure, and good luck on your quest for more!!

Thanks can_slaw! Yeah it's really crazy to think what these relics represent. Sure would have been tough going to battle against your own people.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an outstanding hunt! It's a feeling that only us diggers understand and it never gets old. Congratulations!!

Thanks relic nut! It's a huge rush to see these kind of relics unearthed for the first time in 155 years!

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the box plate! Four plates in four months is unreal, I hope that you can keep that pace going.....I've been happy with about one per year.--JB

Thanks man! I've been hunting a long time for that first one and now I seem to be making up for all those years. I may not dig another so I'm thankful I was able to dig these.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aint a damn thing wrong with a dig like that!! It's been a couple year's for me. Great snag's :icon_thumright:

Thanks civilman1! I'm very excited over this one! I hope you get over another one soon.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ill take 1 every 4-5 years , I need to travel more. lol

Or get a Beautiful Woman & Handsome Man to acquire permissions.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Another awesome set finds SD, big congrats to you sir.

I am going on my first CW hunt, with a couple of TNet guys, next week. They always find stuff, so my hopes are high that I will find some bullets.

You have really done lately, I look forward to your next recovery. Good luck!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Digs .

Thanks Phishfarmer! No all these Enfields are plain.

The Plate is :headbang:, I love the En-field's as well as the little 3 ringer on the top row.

A couple of the Enfield bullet look to have the wood plugs in them or or is that dirt.?

I need to hunt ASAP.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another awesome set finds SD, big congrats to you sir.

I am going on my first CW hunt, with a couple of TNet guys, next week. They always find stuff, so my hopes are high that I will find some bullets.

You have really done lately, I look forward to your next recovery. Good luck!

Thanks Tom! I hope y'all find a bunch of nice relics! Good luck!

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Epic hunt. Congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread