Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it will be when I polish it.

I took a 3 hour drive to my granddaughter’s birthday celebration and stopped by a swimming area where the lake has been partly drained for repair on the dam. I was told I would be able to detect the swimming area exposed by the draining. When I got there signs were posted and access to the lake bed was not allowed. I talked to the people on duty at the park but no one could tell me why the area was off limits so I detected on the beach.

I thought the beach would be cleaned out at this time of the year since swimming is not allowed from October to May. But I gave it a go anyway. I managed to find 44 clad coins for $1.71, 3 junky earrings, some sinkers, and the usual pop tabs and foil wrappers. I got a weak signal that sounded pretty good and found this tiny child’s ring engraved with a C. It is marked “STERLING ESPO” so it is a silver ring designed by Joseph Esposito.

It looks black because long time exposure to water can cause a very heavy tarnish.

5871D3AD-7A2F-40A1-8BBA-8A4AC402D2EF.jpeg 8C9E28FC-475D-4F82-BBC8-6A8D82057C55.jpeg

Upvote 11

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it would have been a blast to be able to detect it....Congrats on what you did get

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt and congrats on your finds especially the silver one.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! now get back there and pester someone..ANYONE...until you get permission to clean that lake bed out! I'm drooling just thinking about a drained lake...Ddf.

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtdigginfool I wish I could but this is a state park and they have some pretty strict rules as to when and where you can detect in the park. If I make a pest of myself they may decide it would be easier to just ban detecting altogether.

I will get back out there when the lake is back up and the swim ropes are in. It would have been easier to detect without the water.

Here are pictures of the junk and treasure (self winding watch with gold and silver jewelry) from last fall before the swim ropes came out.

3C415936-263B-473B-AF7F-BBE25E26E56A.jpeg

C0AA2738-BF1C-42F6-929E-91031E161F46.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread