Greenie
Dec 18, 2017
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

This is what I found yesterday. Does anybody have an idea how much this is worth?
20180525_105953.jpg 20180525_105946.jpg

Upvote 17

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 98

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am being VERY VERY VERY VERY sarcastic my friend. We have all been down this road enough times now that all I can do is smile and shake my head. GW has a serious nose for this stuff. But I really do want to see all of the gold coins....you?

Sure do!!

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Asian chop marks on silver Spanish coins ...are on coins that have been used in Asian areas ...the marks mean that the coin was checked for correct weight and silver purity % and passed inspection and was acceptable to be used as money ...sometimes these coins returned back .from the asain area .but its rare as asains tended to hoard silver ...chops marks are unique almost like finger prints ..generally speaking you will not find a coin with the same exact chop marks at the same exact spot --since they were hand struck items and in the case of multi strike coins --more than one person would have had to strike in the exact same spots for it to be the same on two different coins ...basically your talking buying a single lotto ticket and winning the powerball odds

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll'ed love to see the gold as well. But I think we maybe waiting awhile?

I used to have a strap-line that said;
Q. 'How do you find so many Gold Coins?'
A. 'By finding lots of silvers ones'

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just find it strange that someone posts his silver coin asking for its value but doesn't do the same for the gold (even if he intends to keep all of them). I'm not even talking about the coin itself (marks etc.) I'm curious to see those doubloons, maybe I'll change my mind afterwards and seing them will make me want to sell all of my Spanish silver as irrelevant junk.

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I spoke with the pohc (president of hunting club)
And we have agreed that we would like to have you as a guest speaker mat our next meeting
We can arrange a ride for u as many many members would gladly
Offer you a ride. And you can show us your gold coin collection
We know it’s priceless so pictures will do fine
And a short talk on your research and hunting methods
If you would share , we will have many children in attendance
To see and hear your “ approach to this hobby “
Would greatly appreciate your visit awaiting reply
You can pm me if you’d like. Thank you in advance
East coast hunter

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I spoke with the pohc (president of hunting club)
And we have agreed that we would like to have you as a guest speaker mat our next meeting
We can arrange a ride for u as many many members would gladly
Offer you a ride. And you can show us your gold coin collection
We know it’s priceless so pictures will do fine
And a short talk on your research and hunting methods
If you would share , we will have many children in attendance
To see and hear your “ approach to this hobby “
Would greatly appreciate your visit awaiting reply
You can pm me if you’d like. Thank you in advance
East coast hunter

Lmao!! I going to this meeting I just might learn something.

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MineLabs (Explorer ) , Tesoro (DeLeon ) ,Garrett (AT Pro Gold)
Hi, I live and hunt on Martha's Vineyard. I have less years of experience than many hobbyists posting here. On and off years for about 8 years. I have around a dozen Spanish silvers, but dug a beautiful gold 1/2 guinea a couple years ago. I was so excited and posted pics of it with dirt and cleaned. My love of the coin is in how hard and rare it is to dig colonial gold on our shores. I'm sorry to say this post doesn't make it past the sniff test on many levels.

Attachments

• signal-2017-01-08-173629.jpg
    signal-2017-01-08-173629.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 113
  • signal-2017-01-08-173545.jpg
    signal-2017-01-08-173545.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160919_191444.jpg
    20160919_191444.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 85

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Flyingbuy that was one of the coolest coins I’ve seen posted in the few years I’ve been in Tnet. Just awesome. I would flip my lid if I saw that in the hole.

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MineLabs (Explorer ) , Tesoro (DeLeon ) ,Garrett (AT Pro Gold)
Flyingbuy that was one of the coolest coins I’ve seen posted in the few years I’ve been in Tnet. Just awesome. I would flip my lid if I saw that in the hole.

Thanks, needless to say I have hammered the area and have concluded it was a sole pocket drop. I see you have had the good fortune to have dug a tree coin, that's one I'd love to dig ! There have been a few recovered out here.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes I feel like a bit of a hater when I see finds posted that I cannot believe. But you gotta go with your head and your gut. Most times I choose to just not comment, but every now and then I can’t help myself. Will we hear from OJ on this list again? Doubtful. But man I would love to hear the reasons behind these sorts of posts.

Finding a 8-real or similar sized silver coins is not impossible. I’ve found two, but then again I’ve found thousands of silver coins and large coppers. But still no gold coin nor colonial French or British silver. I really hope OJ comes back on here and schools us all.

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I feel like a bit of a hater when I see finds posted that I cannot believe. But you gotta go with your head and your gut. Most times I choose to just not comment, but every now and then I can’t help myself. Will we hear from OJ on this list again? Doubtful. But man I would love to hear the reasons behind these sorts of posts.

Finding a 8-real or similar sized silver coins is not impossible. I’ve found two, but then again I’ve found thousands of silver coins and large coppers. But still no gold coin nor colonial French or British silver. I really hope OJ comes back on here and schools us all.

I hear ya there. I found 5 8reales, which is my only banner find. There's not a snowballs chance in hell that I'd ever sell them, or say that they don't mean anything to me. I won't comment on whether or not I believe the OP's find is real or fake, but I will say, given his attitude, I couldn't spend more than 5 minutes in his company

crabstang44

Mar 10, 2016
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
please original poster respond, i need to know how to dig more gold coins than silver, im being serious, i really need to know, please im ready for 8 escudos, half Guineas, and all the other gold coins out there, im tired of only digging silver coins, this serious

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions