Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guys I did it had to dig up tons of iron, but I did it. My 1820 permission came through. The ground is hard soil and full of iron, but it rained for 3 hours last night, so I thought I’ll stay up the rest of the night and get out there for 6am. Well I was right the ground was like butter and I continued to pull old nail after nail. Basically cleaning up the area each hole had at least 2 or more iron pieces in them. I got another flat button and then 2 more hours of iron and then BAM...Silver in the hole!!!!! My oldest American silver 1837 Capped Bust Half Dime. It was in a hole I already pulled 4 small pieces of iron out of. Not sure I can give the 800 credit or not, probably not, I think it was just good ol persistence and dumb luck. I’m still very curious about the button it has stars on the back and I can see the first 3 letters L O N ? ? ? N with 5 stars on top. Any help would be appreciated. God blessed me and God Bless America!! [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631] IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 77

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WooHoo! Research and persistence Succeed! Well Done

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'Bout time they caught up to you. 😛 Well done, indeed! 🙌🙌🙌 Sweet score!

paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations; I'm still looking for one of those myself. The backmark on the button is probably "London."

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, Truth. Way to go! Still on my list. I was in a field where about 2 or 3 were found. Would have liked to have snagged one, too.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations Truth!!! That's a truly awesome find!!! "D"

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find, Truth. Way to go! Still on my list. I was in a field where about 2 or 3 were found. Would have liked to have snagged one, too.

Thanks v took a lot of rusty nails out of that ground to find it. Thanks for all your advice

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazingly done T. You've gotta be one of the most persistent hunters I know l. Congrats!!

Persistent, crazy ,obsessed lol but thank you Washingtonian. I’m blessed I’m still young enough to be able to do it almost everyday and old enough to have put in my time in my job to be able to do it everyday I work at lot less I just don’t need the big things in life anymore. This is the first real hobby I ever had I was addicted to making money among other things, so I’m not surprised when I found this hobby and then found my first “something” I was a swordfish coming out the water. I have a personal when I’m in, I’M ALL IN, no grey. It’s had a double edge sword in my life for sure. Life is good but short. Have a good night buddy.

Oh and it also helps to have insomnia that’s when I do most of my work :)

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a nice coin to have under your belt! That will be nice in the collection!!! You must have heard something under those nails I’m guessing. Congratulations!

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
super find , al i can say is it looks like you ...nailed it .....:icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a nice coin to have under your belt! That will be nice in the collection!!! You must have heard something under those nails I’m guessing. Congratulations!

I really don’t know the half dime hit 20-21 I was digging iffy 18-20 signals which where 99% rusty nails, but I’m not sure it happed so fast and I was digging so often it was bam all of a sudden I was looking at a half bust. Still sickening in I which I could say I pegged a silver signal and knew it. Doesn’t matter I’ll take luck anyway I can get it....which is usually requires digging a lot. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread