WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy was out today for the first time with his Deus. I hung out for a few minutes then took off for the bush. His Deus didn't really come up with anything notable but the area we hit was the most difficult of our spots. It's a learning curve...now he believes me.

Assorted finds.

IMG_5009.JPG

One of those...what is it? Horse & buggy latch kinda thing?

IMG_5012.JPG

Bullets all from the same area? Any idea on these? Not .22.

IMG_5023.JPG

I will have to measure this later.

IMG_5032.JPG

Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice relics! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any hunt is a good hunt well for the most part.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bullets especially. Check the bases for markings and the caliber.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what would make it difficult for the Deus, or do you mean the over grown bush conditions? It's not the Site, it's how you use it & how much you dig & clear.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not wise to make a comparison of a DEUS vs A T PRO. The operator is the most important part of the equation. I have used both machines and it is most important that the operator understands instrument programs and what the machine is telling you.
When I moved over from the A T PRO to the Etrac,, my silver finds skyrocketed.
I have read how some ACE 250 owners are outperforming high priced machines like the CTX 3030 & the DEUS. If the operator of either the CTX or DEUS understands his machine, then that is a truly ridiculous statement.

OP
OP
WawaDuane

WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure what would make it difficult for the Deus, or do you mean the over grown bush conditions? It's not the Site, it's how you use it & how much you dig & clear.

It's the fact that he's never used it before....I would start at a sandy beach and get used to signals etc. It's up to him...he's digging the holes.

OP
OP
WawaDuane

WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not wise to make a comparison of a DEUS vs A T PRO. The operator is the most important part of the equation. I have used both machines and it is most important that the operator understands instrument programs and what the machine is telling you.
When I moved over from the A T PRO to the Etrac,, my silver finds skyrocketed.
I have read how some ACE 250 owners are outperforming high priced machines like the CTX 3030 & the DEUS. If the operator of either the CTX or DEUS understands his machine, then that is a truly ridiculous statement.

It's turning it on for the first time in a really difficult spot....I would try it somewhere easy like a beach instead of super hard bush with really trashy conditions.
I would learn the machine somewhere simple and compare the signals with my old machine....that's the easiest way to do it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's turning it on for the first time in a really difficult spot....I would try it somewhere easy like a beach instead of super hard bush with really trashy conditions.
I would learn the machine somewhere simple and compare the signals with my old machine....that's the easiest way to do it.
Personally I would learn to use it on whatever the best spot is at the time. I have no time to waste on either the beach or 'somewhere simple'. Every new machine has a learning curve, some are just bigger than others.

OP
OP
WawaDuane

WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally I would learn to use it on whatever the best spot is at the time. I have no time to waste on either the beach or 'somewhere simple'. Every new machine has a learning curve, some are just bigger than others.

I guess I do things different than you...I will shoot a video someday of our difficult locations to show you the places we detect.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I do things different than you...I will shoot a video someday of our difficult locations to show you the places we detect.
Time is limited for us with the crop cycles, so no time to mess around, we only focus on the best spots at any given time. Hard to juggle with 700+ fields.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread