๐Ÿฅ‡ BANNER My first gold coin! And it is Medieval hammered!

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,
I just got back from England and wanted to share a couple of finds. I was in a field not getting much and got a decent signal. Now up to this point I had dug a ton of old coins and buttons galore, but no outstanding finds that I was hoping these old fields would give up. I dig the hole and see a gold circle staring back at me. I am thinking this must be the foil top to a liquor bottle and pick it up. Nope. Knew right away that it was gold and it was old. I later found out that it was minted in 1412-13, the only years they minted them and that it was a Henry IV Quarter Nobel. Wow!!! I was so happythat I was on cloud 9 all morning. Still am! Later that same morning I get another coin that turned out to be a 1422-1428 Henry VI full groat and in great condition! So phyched!! Next day got a 1310 Edward I silver. Then my oldest coin with a date, a 1582 Elizabeth I. Through the week I got 160 buttons, 40 greenies/coppers, tons of bale seals, over 30 musket balls, military buttons, lead tokens, a canon ball from the 1640's Civil War, and so much more. It was a lot of digging and a lot of fun! Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• php6sPmz0AM.jpg
    php6sPmz0AM.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 930
  • php6ls0r9AM.jpg
    php6ls0r9AM.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 614
Upvote 112

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow. Nice coins.Congrats :icon_thumright:

VMI Digger

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Memphis, TN
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP HF Round/Elliptical, White's TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold hammered...could only dream of a dig like that on our side of the pond. Banner find without a doubt, would love to see a few close up pictures.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both rare coin finds, Groats are a tough call & often come out damaged.

As for the Qrter Noble, Cru'dad & I have 1 each of Edward III, but any gold hammered is rarer than a Gold Celtic. For most UK detectorists, its a once in a lifetime find. I guess it must be hard to leave it in the UK until the export licence is granted, I know that would do my head in for awhile!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ps. No brainer my vote is in.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Oh, yes...BANNER Vote!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Did you go over there as part of a MD Tour? You have my Banner vote!

OP
OP
Rubka888

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both rare coin finds, Groats are a tough call & often come out damaged.

As for the Qrter Noble, Cru'dad & I have 1 each of Edward III, but any gold hammered is rarer than a Gold Celtic. For most UK detectorists, its a once in a lifetime find. I guess it must be hard to leave it in the UK until the export licence is granted, I know that would do my head in for awhile!

Thanks Crusader. Yes it was very hard to leave it in the UK. I hope to get an export license soon! I can't wait to hold it again

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing, just amazing, hard to find words to describe the hunt/finds. Congrats

OP
OP
Rubka888

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, here are a couple of close ups that were taken Obverse.jpg Reverse.jpg

OP
OP
Rubka888

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Did you go over there as part of a MD Tour? You have my Banner vote!

Yes it was a tour. 8 days of detecting on permission fields. So great. Can't wait to go again. I wish I had taken more pics of my other finds because I won't be able to until I get an approved export license and get them back in the US

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Crusader. Yes it was very hard to leave it in the UK. I hope to get an export license soon! I can't wait to hold it again
I'm sure it will be fine, I just know that I hate handing finds like that over, even for the shortest period of time. It takes about 3-4 weeks, after the forms are submitted.

OP
OP
Rubka888

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold hammered...could only dream of a dig like that on our side of the pond. Banner find without a doubt, would love to see a few close up pictures.

Thanks, I just put some close ups up

OP
OP
Rubka888

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are pics of the coin in the field after I poured a little water on it. And me holding it above the hole it came out of! IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1607.JPG IMG_1606.JPG

OP
OP
Rubka888

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a little bent probably from the plough but I am told there is a jewler that can straighten it perfectly with an annealing process. I think when I get it back, I am going to get it slabbed

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing find. Congratulations on the first gold and a banner.

OP
OP
Rubka888

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure it will be fine, I just know that I hate handing finds like that over, even for the shortest period of time. It takes about 3-4 weeks, after the forms are submitted.

I was praying (Selfishly) that another of this age would not be found because then it would have to be reported as a hoard and the museum could then buy it..

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!! CONGRATZ.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread