May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As there are so many targets still left on this site we hold out some hope for a sceat at some point, although it wasn't today. We spend 6 hours mostly gridding but we did spend some time dropping down to a nearby Roman Site. Only to find we have really cleared it pretty well & I found it difficult to find any iron to dig (let alone anything else), so that site now needs a deep plough.

7 Scrappies
Roman Hair Pin
2 Medieval/post Leather Mounts
Medieval Thimble
Lead Token
Rolled up unknown hammered
1865 Sixpence
Very Rare 17th C Token

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another productive hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru that is just amazing

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing those awesome finds with us. I know very little about artifacts from your side of the pond and I attempt to learn what I can from your posts. So, I'm going to throw a couple of questions at you and please pardon my lack of education on the relics you have displayed. In the photo of the thimble, what is to the right of the thimble? It looks like another thimble but just shaped differently. Next, what is below the thimble, a buckle or some type of brooch? And last, what is the coin to the left of the thimble? It was just easier for me to use the thimble as a reference in order to learn a little more about the relics you have displayed. I really could ask a bunch more questions as to what some of the items are but I won't continue to bore you with my lack of knowledge. Thanks for sharing your finds with us. I've always dreamed of being able to come over there and spend a few weeks hunting.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Amazing hunt. Congrats :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing those awesome finds with us. I know very little about artifacts from your side of the pond and I attempt to learn what I can from your posts. So, I'm going to throw a couple of questions at you and please pardon my lack of education on the relics you have displayed. In the photo of the thimble, what is to the right of the thimble? It looks like another thimble but just shaped differently. Next, what is below the thimble, a buckle or some type of brooch? And last, what is the coin to the left of the thimble? It was just easier for me to use the thimble as a reference in order to learn a little more about the relics you have displayed. I really could ask a bunch more questions as to what some of the items are but I won't continue to bore you with my lack of knowledge. Thanks for sharing your finds with us. I've always dreamed of being able to come over there and spend a few weeks hunting.
Its a beehive thimble (squashed) next to the thimble, circa 14th C.
The Buckle has me a little stumped, at first I thought 18th C, might be 19th C, not looked it up yet & its the first one I have had.
The coin looking object is an interesting one, as it looks to be the image of young Victoria & the reverse shows signs of it attaching to another metal object (unknown). So no idea what it was part of...

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cru. You did it again. Great finds. I like the six pence. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions