Another Hunt in a Sketchy Area, Another Silver Half

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks!

Did something I’ve never done today; found a silver half dollar on back to back outings.

I met up with my buddy Mike (Echoplex) to hit a permission in South Seattle. Unfortunately the yard had been sodded so we didn’t come away with much but it was great to see each other. I don’t believe we’d gotten together for a hunt since August!

Well, I was feeling a little down but decided I was going to try some more spots. Mike is battling some back pain so he called it a day. My next couple spots were pretty quiet so I decided to give one more place a shot before going home.

This spot isn’t in the best neighborhood and I definitely had a couple homeless people eyeing me as they walked by. I figured they probably don’t want to mess with a guy who has a lesche in his hand.

I’d worked 90% of it and had thankfully found a silver earring and a wheat along with tons of clad. I got a clad dime signal at around 4 inches and dug down. I didn’t see anything at first so I dug a little deeper and there was a big coin-shaped object in the hole. I was thinking “neat, a token!” because the numbers didn’t ring like a silver half. Then I looked closer and realized it was a 40% Kennedy. Awesome!

Didn’t last much longer because after ~6 hours of hunting my back was hurting so I called it a day.

Here are the goods:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544308766.141537.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544308774.288082.jpg

Thanks for looking and happy hunting folks!
-W

Last edited:
Upvote 33
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice hunt! :occasion14:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I love the seedy part of towns. Some of my best finds have come from those areas. Only drawback is the high volume of wine and beer caps.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly like those finds.:thumbsup:

GL out there.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! Some, of a lot of us have never had bac to back silver hunts...and you did it with halves!! I've never dug a 40%er, so I would be curious to see what the Max would have to say. And you have some very fine specimens of my favorite color...patina green! Great hunt Washingtonian, now go for back to back to back! Ddf..

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Great finds! I love the seedy part of towns. Some of my best finds have come from those areas. Only drawback is the high volume of wine and beer caps.

Ain’t that the truth? All those caps can drive you crazy.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice!! Some, of a lot of us have never had bac to back silver hunts...and you did it with halves!! I've never dug a 40%er, so I would be curious to see what the Max would have to say. And you have some very fine specimens of my favorite color...patina green! Great hunt Washingtonian, now go for back to back to back! Ddf..

Thanks so much. Wow. Wouldn’t that be something? I won’t get my hopes up haha.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job my Friend that's a great day there. Be safe good to hunt with a Partner on your side, or one by your side!!!!!!! Well done

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome hunt Wash and congrats on some really cool finds... "D"

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds from the "wrong side of town"! six hours? you must have got out early.:laughing7:

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, now that's an impressive back2back. The Barber certainly deserved to be found first.

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds & Keep cutting plugs!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another nice hunt, W. I have found 2 in a detecting season before, but never on back to back outings. Maybe you will find a third one soon !

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Now keep the back-to-back halves streak going :icon_thumleft:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Half and Ear Ring!!!!! Congrats!!!!

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wash, it's funny you found the 40% Kennedy half.... last week , I found 3 clad Kennedys.... 1 each day, for 3 days in a row, at the same place which is huge ( about 5 football fields size).... By the way, I never found a 40% or 90% Kennedy in my 29 years... I have all the rest, back to and including a Seated half.

Nice score, buddy... ps, Im posting some stuff tonight, too

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Wash, it's funny you found the 40% Kennedy half.... last week , I found 3 clad Kennedys.... 1 each day, for 3 days in a row, at the same place which is huge ( about 5 football fields size).... By the way, I never found a 40% or 90% Kennedy in my 29 years... I have all the rest, back to and including a Seated half.

Nice score, buddy... ps, Im posting some stuff tonight, too

Way to go bass! I’ll trade you both my 40%ers for your Seated! Haha. Good to hear you’re still able to get out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread