Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been months since my last post. This year I was extremely busy and I decided not to mess with the bees, ticks, snakes and tigers haha during the hot months. Waited till harvest then got to work. I will soon do a wrap up of some of the relics and coins found this year but I figured this deserved a thread of its own. Just as last year, im still hunting the same 2 farm permissions. One colonial and the other visited a couple days ago civil war. Every time the farmer plows with his deep 18'' its like a semi- new site. Soo My friend and I went up to the farm checking the field conditions and noticed a area that had been widened by the plow. Last year this would have been a tall grassy area on the side lines. We both worked the area starting on separate ends and we started getting signals. First came 3 or 4 mini balls and my buddy digs a CS button. Im now working a low spot about 10ft off the edge and get a scratchy but dig me signal, out pops a 1852 3cent trime. I then grid this area maybe 20'x20' into the sideline area and my earphones about exploded. I dug the first of three pieces to my First Confederate Tongue and Wreath Belt Plate!!! I say first of three because the darn thing was scattered in three pieces in this sideline grass area. First came the wreath, im cartwheeling. Then the keeper, starting to shake. Few minutes later out pops the CS, I was done my heart couldn't take anymore. LOL In between the plate finds also had a 1853 seated half dime reveal itself. Had a wonderful time as always with great people this year. Cant wait to see what 2019 has to bring. As always GL&HH

Pic 2019.jpeg Pic 2019 2.png Pic 2019 3.png Pic 2019 4.png Pic 2019 5.png Pic 2019 7.png

Here are the two coins:

Pic 2019 8.png Pic 2019 9.png

Last edited:
Upvote 115
OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epic hunt and GREAT saves! The CS buckle is definitely at the top of my wish list. Congratulations!

Thank you Valley Ranger. Yes, top the bucket list indeed. Going for that GW button....Har Har Now im dreaming

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations- you had a super good day!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet finds!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confederate Plate (BANNER UPDATE)

Let me start off by saying THANK YOU soo much to Smokey for taking the time to complete this plate for me. What a great friend. As soon as I dug the CS plate we were hit with weather and frozen ground. I have not had a chance to go back yet. If you read the original post you will see the plate was damaged in four pieces, I found the first three in that post. Well, we had a slight warm up for a few days and the farmer moved some ground so Smokey didn't waste time. She said within 20 mins she had the fourth piece under the coil. I had no clue this all took place until a day ago we got together for lunch. WOW I was surprised. Ive been thinking about that missing piece nonstop, Is it there? Did someone else dig it? Is it under the pavement? Such a relief and once again thank you Smokey!!

update 1.png update 3.jpg update 2.png

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The look on your face was beyond priceless! And we were standing outside after having deconstructed a five thousand quadzillion ton home made playhouse someone put on a piece of real estate I'm selling and we had been out there for four hours in the snowstorm!

I had originally thought it was under the asphalt driveway. I didn't think anyone else had found it, though. What specifically happened is the last time we were both at the site, I found the complete windings to an electric motor in another part of the field we had literally hammered. How did all of us miss that? But having no pouch I left it for later.

Anyway, I was just up there a couple weeks ago to visit friends, and told them about the motor in their field and they wanted to see it. So I was all dressed up at the time, not digging clothes or shoes and since I knew about where I had left it, and yes, I didn't have my pouch that day and having plopped it right back knowing it would be ready for me next time I came up, well we took the Deus and walked the 10' into the field to get the motor, and the Deus caught something even before we got that far, the piece of the buckle, and the end was sticking up out of the ground just a bit. It was about 135 feet from where the rest of the pieces were found. Who'd a thought? At that point we forgot to get the motor. Maybe in a couple weeks when the snow is gone. Again.

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a second!!
Smokeythecat is a she?? :dontknow:
Smokey didn't waste time. She said within 20 mins she had the fourth piece under the coil
Well this is what I call a 'gender reveal" :laughing7:

By the way, congrats on adding to your buckle!

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a second!!
Smokeythecat is a she?? :dontknow:
Smokey didn't waste time. She said within 20 mins she had the fourth piece under the coil
Well this is what I call a 'gender reveal" :laughing7:

By the way, congrats on adding to your buckle!

Haha That may be a typo on my part:dontknow:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge Congrats on an incredible find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread