Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been months since my last post. This year I was extremely busy and I decided not to mess with the bees, ticks, snakes and tigers haha during the hot months. Waited till harvest then got to work. I will soon do a wrap up of some of the relics and coins found this year but I figured this deserved a thread of its own. Just as last year, im still hunting the same 2 farm permissions. One colonial and the other visited a couple days ago civil war. Every time the farmer plows with his deep 18'' its like a semi- new site. Soo My friend and I went up to the farm checking the field conditions and noticed a area that had been widened by the plow. Last year this would have been a tall grassy area on the side lines. We both worked the area starting on separate ends and we started getting signals. First came 3 or 4 mini balls and my buddy digs a CS button. Im now working a low spot about 10ft off the edge and get a scratchy but dig me signal, out pops a 1852 3cent trime. I then grid this area maybe 20'x20' into the sideline area and my earphones about exploded. I dug the first of three pieces to my First Confederate Tongue and Wreath Belt Plate!!! I say first of three because the darn thing was scattered in three pieces in this sideline grass area. First came the wreath, im cartwheeling. Then the keeper, starting to shake. Few minutes later out pops the CS, I was done my heart couldn't take anymore. LOL In between the plate finds also had a 1853 seated half dime reveal itself. Had a wonderful time as always with great people this year. Cant wait to see what 2019 has to bring. As always GL&HH

Pic 2019.jpeg Pic 2019 2.png Pic 2019 3.png Pic 2019 4.png Pic 2019 5.png Pic 2019 7.png

Here are the two coins:

Pic 2019 8.png Pic 2019 9.png

Last edited:
Upvote 115

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absolutely stunning way to go man!!!

DenDigger

Greenie
Dec 29, 2018
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super dig. I'd have a heart attack if I found one of those.
Congrats!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is this not up top??????

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well for one I voted banner. It is a once in a lifetime find.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on some great finds, especially your buckle find. hope you can get the rest. best of luck!!!!!!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome save. Great shape. Well done. Congrats and banner vote is in.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site has been good to us. 55 acres, we haven't been on parts of it due to rough terrain. And the farmer deep discs it at least twice per year, although in the last year it now looks like three times, and he has rotated crops and torn out some grassy areas! Relic heaven when he does that. Last time out I actually found a shaft and windings to an electric motor in the field we all had MISSED! Now how can that happen? I just laughed at myself.

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site has been good to us.

You can say that again. Feel like a child on Christmas morning on this site. Little trash and at the beginning every few steps was something period. Just amazing site.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do something considered "odd" at that site. I don't pound it. We only hunt a few times a year, as there are so MANY places we go to. My standard operating procedure, since this site is more likely to be available for a longer period of time, the permission should not vanish, that I want to be able to go here for a few years to come. I mean if we could go to a place, have a dozer come in and screen everything 2' down and have it dumped at our feet, well that wouldn't be treasure hunting, would it? I have focused on the sites which are vulnerable to being unavailable at a sooner point in time first.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! I want one of those. Life has got to slow down so I can hunt. You guys are killing me. Congratulations that and a cannon are my holy grails!

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG! I want one of those. Life has got to slow down so I can hunt. You guys are killing me. Congratulations that and a cannon are my holy grails!

HaHa Thanks Tnmountains. A cannon, holy moly. You go Big. I wouldn't know what to do if I found a darn cannon.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnmountains, do what I did and retire. I'm either, 1) bored 2) napping 3) digging 4) sorting relics 5) on this website. Or binge watching something stupid on the net.

BTW I also want a Rev War cannon. But it has to fit easily in the living room.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread