Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting a nice spot that the bulldozers are destroying to put up the next big complex of progress. It's a race around here to save a few relics before being lost forever to development. I've dug a bunch of bullets and buttons but unfortunately the soil is tough on them and I normally just come away with button backs. I found my first ever hard times token but just like the buttons, it is in rough shape. There is just enough left on it that I can see General Washington on the obverse and New York City Hall on the reverse. I also got a nice brass fuse from a Schenkl Shell or at least that's what I think it's off of.

I have had my eye on a small field site just down the road and I got permission to hunt it at any time. The owner was happy that I asked for permission because she has had to run a few poachers off of there. I started finding a few bullets and then a knapsack hook, so I'm glad they didn't clean the place out. I was working my rows and digging a few relics along with the typical trash when I got another deep bullet signal. As I was digging out my signal, a cubed shaped piece of lead rolled out and I was so excited to see the little dots of a game die coming through. I've always wanted to find one of these and this is a nice one. It's crazy that something so simple and crude can be so cool! I think this is one of my favorite relics I have found in a while. I went on to find another J hook and then got a nice big brass signal down deep. I cut a large and pulled up a nice piece of a spur. This site has been great so far and I look forward to hunting around some more. HH-David

UVIf5PN.jpg LGfSsJJ.jpg

WpLx7EV.jpg n4iTMoQ.jpg

cj6zX2F.jpg i7joVx2.jpg

b5MLIlv.jpg

Upvote 45

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!! I really like the game die. I still have not dug a carved game piece.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Quite the Finds!!! Awesome digs!:occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job on the historic saves, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some really nice stuff there. We still some decent stuff here, but not that many items in a day anymore. Good job.

Thanks man! This is from my last couple of hunts. I can only get out about two hours at a time because of my busy schedule.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!! I really like the game die. I still have not dug a carved game piece.

Thanks! I hope you get a game piece soon! They also flattened bullets down to use as checkers and even poker chips so be sure to look over your smashed lead when you dig it. Good luck!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice saves, that carved die is really special:occasion14:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting a nice spot that the bulldozers are destroying to put up the next big complex of progress. It's a race around here to save a few relics before being lost forever to development. I've dug a bunch of bullets and buttons but unfortunately the soil is tough on them and I normally just come away with button backs. I found my first ever hard times token but just like the buttons, it is in rough shape. There is just enough left on it that I can see General Washington on the obverse and New York City Hall on the reverse. I also got a nice brass fuse from a Schenkl Shell or at least that's what I think it's off of.

I have had my eye on a small field site just down the road and I got permission to hunt it at any time. The owner was happy that I asked for permission because she has had to run a few poachers off of there. I started finding a few bullets and then a knapsack hook, so I'm glad they didn't clean the place out. I was working my rows and digging a few relics along with the typical trash when I got another deep bullet signal. As I was digging out my signal, a cubed shaped piece of lead rolled out and I was so excited to see the little dots of a game die coming through. I've always wanted to find one of these and this is a nice one. It's crazy that something so simple and crude can be so cool! I think this is one of my favorite relics I have found in a while. I went on to find another J hook and then got a nice big brass signal down deep. I cut a large and pulled up a nice piece of a spur. This site has been great so far and I look forward to hunting around some more. HH-David

View attachment 1677359 View attachment 1677362

View attachment 1677363 View attachment 1677364

View attachment 1677365 View attachment 1677366

View attachment 1677367

Man.

That's a great bunch of finds & the Die, is awesome ,as is the fuse ...heck all of it is nice.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with everyone else. That die is awesome! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Sooper Dave