Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting a nice spot that the bulldozers are destroying to put up the next big complex of progress. It's a race around here to save a few relics before being lost forever to development. I've dug a bunch of bullets and buttons but unfortunately the soil is tough on them and I normally just come away with button backs. I found my first ever hard times token but just like the buttons, it is in rough shape. There is just enough left on it that I can see General Washington on the obverse and New York City Hall on the reverse. I also got a nice brass fuse from a Schenkl Shell or at least that's what I think it's off of.

I have had my eye on a small field site just down the road and I got permission to hunt it at any time. The owner was happy that I asked for permission because she has had to run a few poachers off of there. I started finding a few bullets and then a knapsack hook, so I'm glad they didn't clean the place out. I was working my rows and digging a few relics along with the typical trash when I got another deep bullet signal. As I was digging out my signal, a cubed shaped piece of lead rolled out and I was so excited to see the little dots of a game die coming through. I've always wanted to find one of these and this is a nice one. It's crazy that something so simple and crude can be so cool! I think this is one of my favorite relics I have found in a while. I went on to find another J hook and then got a nice big brass signal down deep. I cut a large and pulled up a nice piece of a spur. This site has been great so far and I look forward to hunting around some more. HH-David

UVIf5PN.jpg LGfSsJJ.jpg

WpLx7EV.jpg n4iTMoQ.jpg

cj6zX2F.jpg i7joVx2.jpg

b5MLIlv.jpg

Upvote 45

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread