Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might get it. And Happy Easter! So I asked to find something, didn't specify what, at the beach yesterday and I asked to be of service in His kingdom.

Well, I teamed up with Vferrari and we went to the one state park. This year I got a yearly pass, I got almost no gold last year because I frankly didn't go to the beaches or parks.

So this year, with a yearly permit...

Anyway we each got some clad and both got 1 piece of junk jewelry. Pray #1 answered.

As far as being useful in the universe goes, I walk up to a little fence, lots of people were fishing and see a BIG blue channel catfish lying there. It was still alive, but had some sand on it. Temp about 60 degrees out, so not really hot. I picked it up and it tried to escape, so figured it just might live. I walked over to the couple sitting there and asked if it was theirs and they said yes and I could have it.

So I took ownership of the fish, now we're talking about 2' and maybe 5 pounds of blue channel catfish, a female full of roe.

I took her to the edge of the bay and unceremoniously tossed her in. She rolled once in the surf and took off. The couple said they were told "those kind" of fish were to be killed only! They were misled, it's the flathead catfish the DNR doesn't want in the bay.

The lady actually apologized, although it wasn't her fault. (Read the instructions with the fishing license manual.)

I am pretty sure the fish made it. When I picked it up it was still spunky. It's only a fish, but it belongs to my Boss. Prayer #2, check.

Then I go down a little bit, get a signal and get THIS out of the sand. Some kid could have been seriously injured stepping on this. I gave it to a fisherman.

Sometimes its the little things we CAN do that make a difference. This hook set is about 5" long. Nasty, nasty, nasty. IMG_0286.JPG

Upvote 36
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's illegal here to use them to snag fish. Now snagging tackle, that's another story, but that was one of the nastiest looking hooks I've ever seen. The best tackle retrieving rig I ever saw was a 6" metal furnace/woodstove flue cleaner brush on a 20' pole. The owner set it out and twisted and came back with quite a few nice lures, but it looked like really hard work.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a golf ball retriever and pull lures out of trees sometimes we wade out in the river where big logs have been for year and we can pull rapalas spinners you name off those things

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves there! The animals lives don't mean much to most people but their lives are everything to them! One time I was at the beach with my wife and we noticed fish were washing up all over the beach. You could see the water practically boiling as schools of larger fish were chasing schools of smaller fish. In an effort to escape they now found themselves on dry land washed in by the waves. I was walking along and picking up the fish (they were about a foot long) to try to throw back as many as I could. Amazingly as I threw a fish back in the water a much larger fish came out of the wave and scooped it up right as it hit the water! My best efforts were thwarted but another hungry fish. Oh well I did my best.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's illegal here to use them to snag fish. Now snagging tackle, that's another story, but that was one of the nastiest looking hooks I've ever seen. The best tackle retrieving rig I ever saw was a 6" metal furnace/woodstove flue cleaner brush on a 20' pole. The owner set it out and twisted and came back with quite a few nice lures, but it looked like really hard work.
Ill eagle??? I don't see any sick birds so it must be OK.:tongue3:

Brings back another memory. Off of one pier there was one of the pilings laying on the bottom. We were always amazed by it. When we'd snorkel up to it it looked like it was covered in a foot or two of clear jelly. As you'd get closer you could see it was monofilament. Aww The miraculous wonders we all witnessed when we were young & dumb!

Never would've thought of a flue cleaner. But being a West Coast Beach bum we'd have to take a trip to the museum to see a furnace! :laughing7::tongue3::laughing7::tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread