Magruder Line yields some CW Relics

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally have gotten the time to post the pics of my hunt from Sunday. My girl actually "asked" to go with me so I said "Sure babe" and I gave her my backup. She actually said she had a blast diggin around in the dirt. Went to some of the Confederate defensive positions that I know and also a newly cleared lot across from the Battle of Burnt Chimneys and was able to come up with a few keepers. Found a couple of nice pieces of a 6lber (have done electrolysis for pics) that still had the threads in it where the cannonball would have received the Bormann fuse. Also found another part of a Bormann fuse, and you can see roughly how it would have looked. This is the second piece of Bormann fuse that I have found, the first was with a whole 12lber that was fractured in the ground but otherwise whole. I dont think the two pieces of shrapnel are from the same cannonball but that is roughly how the opening of the cannonball looked. Also, there were a good number of musketballs in this area and the chic was even able to find a couple. She also was able to find that DEEP iron that I could NOT persuade her against diggin (you know women can be hard headed sometimes ;D ;)) Sooooo, even though I don't like showing this kind of "stuff" in my posts....at the request-demand of my girl...the pic of the big iron "circle" is hers. It almost looks like the iron used to "ring" barrels but to me it looks too thick for that She also included the screw tops that she had dug. I was glad to get this dig in as I had been sick the prior weekend and was not able to hunt.It was a fair day. Ill take it. Hope yall like ;)

Attachments

• 101_1157.JPG
    101_1157.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 101_1166.JPG
    101_1166.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 420
  • 101_1167.JPG
    101_1167.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 411
  • 101_1160.JPG
    101_1160.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 424
  • 101_1161.JPG
    101_1161.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 436
Upvote 0

haboo

Jun 27, 2007
Hampshire, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Re: Latest Hunt yields some CW Relics

Glad to hear you was well enough to go on your hunt. Really love CW relics, thanks for sharing and congrats on your finds.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Latest Hunt yields some CW Relics

Josh,
Congrats to you two on some great finds. I see you found the rare "O"-ring Man too. ;D
The truth now, did you make your girlfriend gently dig up those deep iron signals with a small wooden spoon so you wouldn't scratch them?
Thanks for the post & pictures,
MM

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice finds i hope to find my first cw bullets and musket balls b4 to long ;D

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds for sure.
Congrats on a good hunt and a good time.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet outing Josh...Glad to hear you're feeling better.That's not a bad haul at all my friend,wish I had more like that.I'm knida glad you found and posted what you did,or the "thing" in my whatsit pile would never be solved.....now I'm sure I've found the the same piece of a 12# as your's,just never got around to cleaning it,couldn't see the thread's.Thank's for the post Josh....I hope you don't mind a pic of it buddy but it look's excactly alike.Congrat's and Best of Luck!!

Attachments

• PA100001.JPG
    PA100001.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 281

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great relics. Great to get the ladyfriend hooked too LOL! Now, the tips of those bullets are strange. Are they exploding bullets?

Regards,

Buckleboy

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
White's strikes again! I already told my babe, "Dearest, I won't take it easy on you, if you ever get a detector. You won't be able to compete with KirkPA." :D After I stated those two complete sentences, I gave her a big kiss on the lips, "Sugar, mmmmm...that tasted like sugar." :-* :D

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CivilMan, no I dont mind the pic at all. It is INDEED the same kind of piece as mine. They are the most valuable pieces of cannonball shrapnel. Good find bud! I also see you went out and got the Official Atlas of the Civil War ;) That is a most important tool for us!

Hey Will, you are exactly right. I was wondering if anyone would notice, the one minie does almost look exploded except the "hole" isn't all the way through the minie...It looks like someone carved it out...almost looks like a mouth ;D And the other minie looks like someone made a face on it; two beady eyes and a mouth.
minie.JPG
101_1171.JPG

LMAO Kirk ;D :D If they want to hang with the big dogs...They will definitely have to keep up ;) ;)

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Hey there, Josh. Looks like some nice finds there.
I have a ring maybe exactly like that one in my whatsit
pile. Too thick for a barrel and tapered too much.
Tell your laby friend good hunt. At least she got out there.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I agree with you Ty about the iron "ring." But I have seen "Pony" type barrels with bands about this size...But it is just too thick to be that. Not sure what it went to honestly. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread