SILVER RING with STONES!!!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20190601_135035.jpg 20190601_135104.jpg
I was walking with my detector down the street. I'm a little selfconcious so I cross the street when I see my neighbors so that I can avoid questions. Well I wasnt paying attention so i walked right by while they were on their yard, and all of a sudden my neighbors asked me a question so I was called to earth. I talked a bit and then they said that they had a friend who had a girlfriend at their house and she lost her ring. They told me if I found it, it was mine!!! Well... I FOUND IT!!! FIRST RING OF THE SEASON, FIRST RING WITH MY BH LRP!!! I've only found 4 other rings that were sliver but didn't have stones. I'm so happy!!! I was told it was gold so I was a bit disappointed that it isn't but still it's my nicest silver ring yet. I hope hope hope hope that the stones are real. Thanks for looking! Woo hoo!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 17

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, its a very nice ring!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MVgirl, that's a nice find. Being a grumpy old man however, I would suggest that ring has more potential Karma value, than monetary worth. If they have a friend, whose friend lost it, then it is known who it belongs to, and a small effort should be made to return it to it's former owner. Just my opinion.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on finding the ring. Things seem to just work out when you involve others. Returning it would be awesome too as it may be very special to someone. Good luck!

BenFrankOG

Jun 1, 2019
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find. Congrats!

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring, congratulations. Not avoiding the neighbors paid off
Lol! Yah it's not that I'm not friendly, I'm just a little shy. I found the ring online and the stones aren't real. New its worth $85 so since its in really good condition I could sell it for $40 maybe. Ill keep it for now. Who knows it might be a different version so I'll check just in case but I don't think they are real. Oh well it was an easy 45 min. hunt for a nice ring anyways.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice ring......congratulations.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MVgirl, that's a nice find. Being a grumpy old man however, I would suggest that ring has more potential Karma value, than monetary worth. If they have a friend, whose friend lost it, then it is known who it belongs to, and a small effort should be made to return it to it's former owner. Just my opinion.

I agree I'd like to try to return it. However my neighbors don't seem up for returning it and didn't give tell me her name (they might not even know) apparently the girl was cheating on their friend. I'd feel funny asking them to figure it out because they might need to get the name from their friend and it would be akward.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree I'd like to try to return it. However my neighbors don't seem up for returning it and didn't give tell me her name (they might not even know) apparently the girl was cheating on their friend. I'd feel funny asking them to figure it out because they might need to get the name from their friend and it would be akward.

I get it. One of those friend of a friend things. Can of worms. Enjoy your new ring! Ha.

OP
OP
Mvgirl

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get it. One of those friend of a friend things. Can of worms. Enjoy your new ring! Ha.

I feel kinda guilty but yah im happy i cant return it. However i always try. I put an ad for a few rings online asking for people to give details and a rude guy was trying to get me to tell him if it was silver or gold and wouldn't tell me what his lost ring looked like... I knew right away he was a fake. Blah... people these days. Already had garden stuff stolen from our yard. I had given decorations to my mom for mothers day and boom, it got stolen two weeks later. Rude rude rude.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the ring recovery! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread