Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Honker RING and a little SILVER!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

    Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Jr., Garrett Carrot
    317
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigginfool View Post
    Hey there MVgirl.. congrats on some nice finds! Those little, out-of-the-way parks can be really fun to hunt. Might I make a small suggestion?... when you run out of high and mid tones, dig that iron! You might be pleasantly surprised. Grats on the good stuff, Ddf.
    Why would I want to dig iron? Won't I get all nails and trash?
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

  2. #17
    ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

    Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Jr., Garrett Carrot
    317
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Trezurehunter View Post
    Nice finds. Are you sure that ring is'nt Sterling ? It sure has the right look for it, and not all silver was stamped with a mark. You might want to stop by a Jeweler to have them confirm it.
    Positive. It's says stainless steel, made in China... boo hoo
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

  3. #18
    us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    At Pro At Max
    3,205
    3961 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvgirl View Post
    Why would I want to dig iron? Won't I get all nails and trash?
    Of course you will dig nails and trash!! BUUUT...You should see what I (and others here) have found after we've removed those nails and trash. There was one nasty, bouncy, scratchy signal that I dug at one of my sites only because I was tired of hearing it every time I hunted there....aaaaand pulled a beautiful little Claadaugh ring that was right under 2 square nails. I dig nails AND trash every time I detect, that's how we find the hidden little tressures. Ddf.
    Mvgirl, Inspector, Hawks88 and 1 others like this.

  4. #19
    ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

    Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Jr., Garrett Carrot
    317
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigginfool View Post
    Of course you will dig nails and trash!! BUUUT...You should see what I (and others here) have found after we've removed those nails and trash. There was one nasty, bouncy, scratchy signal that I dug at one of my sites only because I was tired of hearing it every time I hunted there....aaaaand pulled a beautiful little Claadaugh ring that was right under 2 square nails. I dig nails AND trash every time I detect, that's how we find the hidden little tressures. Ddf.
    Weeeellll... maybe I'll give it a shot... maybe... i hate trash! Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Inspector and dirtdigginfool like this.
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

  5. #20
    us
    Title? old fart

    Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    8,375
    11940 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    still a cool ring to find. congrats on the silver
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

  6. #21
    us
    Metal Detecting & Hotwheels Collecting

    Sep 2014
    Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
    Nox 600, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, 2x Bounty Hunter loaners, Deteknix
    2,741
    4326 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sounds like a great park to be hunting, nice big ring & sweet silver, congrats & HH
    Any day of hunting, whether good or bad is better than not hunting at all

  7. #22
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    25,017
    25951 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Good luck in the park!
    Inspector likes this.

  8. #23
    us
    Mar 2014
    south central ohio
    At Pro At Max
    3,205
    3961 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mvgirl View Post
    Weeeellll... maybe I'll give it a shot... maybe... i hate trash! Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Lol...yes MV, we all hate trash, I'm sure that's a universal agreement here...the last couple of years my hunting buddy and I have steered our hunting to older, out of the way places like fields, abandoned houses, old foundations, cellar holes etc...and there's been MANY days we were both skunked. NO keepers, not even a wheatie to show for our troubles but yet we manage to haul out 5 or so lbs of trash. But when we do find something, it's usually old and cool. Finally got permission on an old one room school house we'd been slobbering over for months, and MV, we must have pulled 2 or so lbs of just nails! Turns out, the original school burnt in the 20's, leaving layers of nails. It's all in the hunt, I have a great day whether I'm skunked or not, and if I find some keepers, simply a bonus. Ddf.
    Mvgirl likes this.

  9. #24
    ca
    Semi-precious rock and gem collecter, classic book reader, horse lover, metal detecter gal.

    Aug 2018
    Winnipeg MB.
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Jr., Garrett Carrot
    317
    865 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigginfool View Post
    Lol...yes MV, we all hate trash, I'm sure that's a universal agreement here...the last couple of years my hunting buddy and I have steered our hunting to older, out of the way places like fields, abandoned houses, old foundations, cellar holes etc...and there's been MANY days we were both skunked. NO keepers, not even a wheatie to show for our troubles but yet we manage to haul out 5 or so lbs of trash. But when we do find something, it's usually old and cool. Finally got permission on an old one room school house we'd been slobbering over for months, and MV, we must have pulled 2 or so lbs of just nails! Turns out, the original school burnt in the 20's, leaving layers of nails. It's all in the hunt, I have a great day whether I'm skunked or not, and if I find some keepers, simply a bonus. Ddf.
    Maybe I'll compromise and dig everything in the areas where most people go (near playground equipment, and trees and so on). At a different playground near me I found a 1919 dime... that was a shocker.
    dirtdigginfool likes this.
    Always check rabbit holes when metal detecting... you never know, there might be karats down there.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Honker Diamond Cluster Ring
    By Yellowbelly in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Nov 12, 2015, 10:14 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2015, 07:17 AM
  3. Big Silver Ring! A Honker!
    By DocBeav in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2013, 02:52 PM
  4. Mason ring, class ring another honker!
    By detectahead in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2010, 11:55 AM
  5. Nice Honker Of A Silver Ring Today......
    By John-Edmonton in forum Garrett
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2010, 01:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0