Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drove to NOLA and the parks were filled with people nobody’s worring about the virus apparently, so I drive along the bayou and came across a grassy field that I’ve driven pass a thousand times but it was just cut so I stopped. I was surprised to see a lot of iron square nails, white shells and brick in the clay. It was hard digging but what the hell. My first find was a brass thing I thought interesting then 1897 V nickel very interesting I was freaking out. Then I found a 1926 buffalo. So I came across more iron square nails which were falsing in the low 20’s. Then I hit a spot where it was falsing all over the place but this one had some 30’s mixed in there. Thank God I dig everything. After pulling out about eight square nails I saw what looked like a Mardi Gras doubloon and then i picked it up and looked and fell on my back laughing like a school girl. Here it is in all it’s glory a 1809 8 reales in flawless condition. Unbelievable day to break my 3 month curse. Thank you for sharing in my glory. IMG_0224.jpg IMG_0225.jpg IMG_0230.jpg IMG_0229.jpg IMG_0228.jpg 60599995304__1846604D-8761-496F-9B36-69CE676643C9.jpg 60599994251__A520FC8D-E5A5-4E7D-B391-F70C2061A714.jpg IMG_0226.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 225
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hee hee hee....truth hasn't seen his banner yet....boy he gonna have a heart attack !!

I found out when I met my partner Mark this morning and he told me and to tell you the truth I didn’t care if I found anything today. I was floating on air and walking on sunshine Blak bart lol

I was the coolest cat in town

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on banner. Is your avatar carrying a big shield on his back? Maybe his should carry a giant 8R for his shield emblem?

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cheers on that one. You find alot of cool stuff.
I hope you find more.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on banner. Is your avatar carrying a big shield on his back? Maybe his should carry a giant 8R for his shield emblem?

Silver Tree you got me laughing and I haven’t even had my first cuppa coffee. Just a big ol’ alpha slab of silver. If I threw it at somebody I could take his eye out.

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Damn. You got a bucket lister! Congrats!

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Truth! What a great find! Be careful out there! This virus is No Joke! I have not been this scared in awhile. I know we don’t agree on a lot politically, but we are all in this together! Being in NY, we are on the frontlines of this thing and it is coming to you, be prepared. At least your state can learn from what we are doing. It is not just a threat to the elderly, a lot of younger people I know are getting very sick. Sorry To sound doom and gloom, but I worry about people in your area.

Stay safe, keep digging (far away from people) wash your hands and God Bless America!

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure how I missed this one, so a big belated congrats! What an amazing find!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Truth! What a great find! Be careful out there! This virus is No Joke! I have not been this scared in awhile. I know we don’t agree on a lot politically, but we are all in this together! Being in NY, we are on the frontlines of this thing and it is coming to you, be prepared. At least your state can learn from what we are doing. It is not just a threat to the elderly, a lot of younger people I know are getting very sick. Sorry To sound doom and gloom, but I worry about people in your area.

Stay safe, keep digging (far away from people) wash your hands and God Bless America!

Yeah New Orleans is the top three and our Democrat mayor new about it but let Mardi Gras go on. I appreciate your concern and the good news is I keep a very small circle and I never ever hang out in big crowds. I metal detect areas that are huge fields without a sole around.. they should’ve never had Mardi Gras but greed is ugly. May God bless us all. [emoji631]

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Truth , The ole swampy donkey got lucky . Virus cost extra on your Po boy ? TP

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's what im talkin about. Congratulations Truth. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions