Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to my favorite field tonight. Have dug a lot of silver coins and Sterling pieces there. Also have found quite a few Arrowheads there also. Wasn't getting many high tones so I decided to start digging Indian penny signals. After about a half hour I got a signal that bounced from 15-17 on the nox but for the most part it was mostly reading 16 with a solid sound. After digging a plug a saw a small disc. Assuming it was a play token. After looking at it I thought it looks like silver. Then after looking at it more I could see the word NEW. With a 165 and the hole. Then I realized what I was looking at.. very exited about it. I know it's not in the greatest condition but I don't care..could some one help me with the NOE thanks in advance. Also got a Sterling baby spoon, a Sterling clover which I believe belongs to a stick pin, and a Roy Rogers badge IMG_20200327_211505.jpg IMG_20200327_211843.jpg IMG_20200327_211927.jpg

Upvote 107

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a beauty:hello2:
those 3ps are small and thin, considering the hole, im not surprised it read as, er, junk.
Holes are common on the 3 and 6ps, every N16 6p ive seen is holed.
sweep that site clean, Congrats on your banner and esp your stick to it ivness:icon_thumleft:
Gene, I believe the hammered look comes from hand cut dies, only the NE and Willow tree series were 'Hammered
QUOTE=Gene Mean;6485651]Absolutely remarkable finds! The coin is awesome. I'm still a relative newbie, is the coin hammered? The difference between your 3 pence and the 1700's/1800's coins I see on here is distinct. When was the transformation from hammered to stamped?[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the votes to make it to banner

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find... again. I'm always amazed at the history we keep bringing up.
No disrespect intended, but I wish people would link to data or websites when one makes comments like 'only 200 known' as it's much more conductive to research than googling for 20 minutes at random. It's always more conductive when people take the time to identify something with links as well. Has nothing to do with doubting the person, but wanting to know more about the find.

Keep on diggin on!
Detectorists don't have to shelter in if they're out on their own in the field, right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread