bullet cache(?) and spanish silver!

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My son and I had a choice to make the other night as to where we hunted. We decided to hit an old farmhouse that's up for sale next to a field in which the army of the Potomac camped. After about forty five minutes and only one shot bullet between us I felt that perhaps we had chosen the wrong field to hunt. I then dug what I first thought was a knockout from an electrical box but my sons thirteen year old eyes picked up a faint profile and the words "Carolus III" along the edge. We could barely make out the "17--" along the edge, but there was no doubt as to what it was. This is only my second spanish coin of that age and it still is exciting!
We then decided to hunt a little longer when I got a nice long linear signal in a tangle of trees. I figured it was an old section of pipe or roofing or whatever, but I was wrong... I dug a little and turned up two three ringer bullets! The signal in the hole however was just as strong so I dug some more. Out popped three more bullets, this went on for about twenty minutes by which time we had lost count. Final tally was the thirty one three ringers shown. Went back today and searched thoroughly but did not find the box plate we suspected might be there. Even without a box plate I'll never forget the excitement we shared in digging these up.

Attachments

• cwpic1115 001.jpg
    cwpic1115 001.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 762
  • cwpic1115 002.jpg
    cwpic1115 002.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 759
  • cwpic1115 003.jpg
    cwpic1115 003.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 798
Upvote 0

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Cool finds, digger! What a memorable day!

Certainly more there. Looking forward to future posts from this spot.

Thanks for sharing.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your persistence paid off big time. Sometimes you have to spend hours in the field with no signals until you stumble across a "hot spot". Nice hunt. Get back to that site and see what else you can find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread