I really found these I dont care what anyone says!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I really found these I don't care what anyone says!

Well everyone I thought I would help even out all the great finds everyone is finding with some junque I found tonight.

I did find three keys which doubled my total key finds for the whole year! I also found about three feet of copper supply line not posted since I forgot to get it out of the trunk of my car.

I have no idea what the item I labeled dk is?

Sorry for wasting your time.

Attachments

• crap.JPG
    crap.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,635
  • dk.JPG
    dk.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,632
  • dk1.JPG
    dk1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,635
  • dk3.JPG
    dk3.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,619
  • keys.JPG
    keys.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,614
Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Re: I really found these I don't care what anyone says!

ME22, I have come to look forward to your threads. Even though you may not find tons of old coins, you have a great sense of humor. You definitely add some life to this forum!

Larry, keep swinging with the fever. Remember, John Walter went "alllll year." Hmmmm...you must be a John Walter-style detectorist, too.

Bone Dry Detecting...Kirk

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The key on the right,does it say "BEST"......really,I'm serious!!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

Mastereagle,

Ok...tell the truth, come on.......the REAL truth as to why you didn't post a photo of the 3 ft of copper line.............BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HOOKED IT UP TO YOUR WHISKEY STILL............don't deny it!....LOL :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Like I told you before, ME.....at least you were out there MDng!
---Mel

borninok

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

is that a ring you got in your pile, to the right? either way, hey least ya found some stuffs..and a civil war bullet too... your ahead of me...wtg

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When you going to show us the junk ME? ??? Come on I'm waiting. You know you should really hook that copper line back up to that air-conditioner. Shame on you! ;D ;D
Burdie

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Well, I'm kinda slow tonight, but when you asked about the "dk" item that you couldn't identify, I searched allllllll over for the pic of the "dk" item. I FINALLY figured out it was in the name of the pic, so I brightened up. Then I found that bootybay had id'd it as a civil war [era] bullet. I agree, based upon my very limited knowledge.

You have entirely too much time on your hands, ya know. -Noodle

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

I don't waste time reading your posts! I read them because I enjoy them and not all treasure is gold and silver!! The treasure of the hunt, and the story makes the coin, or keys even better!! I would have liked to have seen the copper line tho!! I misplaced some a couple years back and might be able to identify it by the color!! ;D

IronClad

Aug 29, 2007
N. Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Silver Eagle, White's Eagle I, White's Eagle II SL, 6000/Di Series 3, Silver Sabre II

Not a waste of my time either. Believe it or not,,, I enjoy looking at all the other treasures that are found besides coins and jewelry. Its amazing how much other crap is lost other than coins, and makes ya wonder how some of that stuff got to where it did.

It humbling to know others are finding PullTabs and such besides me...

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Mastereagle,

That bullet looking object you are showing looks an awful lot like the end of a very old spark plug.
have seen a couple and even have one or two. Knock the porcelain off and leave them on the ground for a while and what you have looks just like what we end up finding.

OD

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A Great post. It is good to see the targets that get dug.
If I was to post all the trash that I dig I would need a wide angle lens. HH

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh come on, now!!!

Don't P155 down MY back and tell me it's raining! That Budweiser bottlecap is ULTRA-RARE and there is absolutely NO WAY that you found one while detectin'!

Come Clean.........you got that bottlecap off eBay didn't you?

Hopefully you'll start digging some pesky Barber Dimes and Indian Heads so you can stop trying to hoodwink the rest of us by acting like you actually FOUND stuff like keys, pulltabs, and bottlecaps!!!

HH,
SgtSki

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt

a find is a find no matter how cool or not. the point is you spent the time to go out and injoy what we all here do and share it with all, we all have had those kind of finds... but down the road look at the better finds!!!! yours will be comming.... as they say just swing away!!!!! mike

Palmetto Digger

Sep 17, 2007
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx550
Primary Interest:
Other

Sorry pal,

There's no way any of that stuff came out of the ground. There's Way to much gloss on that Budweiser cap. I for one would appreciate it if you left this forum for those of us who are recovering the rare items that tell the history of these great United States. Like, for instance, the 1983 Memorial Cent I recovered this weekend (pix to follow). I sat for hours daydreaming about the guy in his Members Only jacket that must have dropped this beauty on his way to pick up the latest tune from Men Without Hats.

Happy Hunting

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

The key in question actually says and I quote "State Property Do not Duplicate."

And I believe I found several brewers commerative rings during this hunt thank you. Sadly I don't think the dk item is a CW bullet. If it is it isn't like any I have seen before. :(

I have "The REST of the story" as Paul Harvey would say posted under everything else. >:( :-* :o

TORPEDOX

Aug 23, 2007
Payette Id.
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT

I dont agree with the "civil war bullet theory". that item is threaded. also check and see if its magnetic. it looks like tha base of an old spark plug or perhaps an old pipe plug.
Great finds though!,,,,,,,,and I'm not kidding! I havent been able to get out for about 3 weeks now and its killing me :(

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

The item is not actually threaded, at least not in the convential way. The threads have no pitch to them. They are just rings around the item. But again I don't think it is a bullet either. :(

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

ME, you have been hunting in my yard again, haven't you! Haha, you missed the zipper pull......Glad to see you have recovered from your bout with the question of MDing anymore. Happy Huting
and we all enjoy your finds and post, keep 'em coming.

Desertfox

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Re: Oh come on, now!!!

SgtSki in MI said:
Don't P155 down MY back and tell me it's raining! That Budweiser bottlecap is ULTRA-RARE and there is absolutely NO WAY that you found one while detectin'!

Come Clean.........you got that bottlecap off eBay didn't you?

Hopefully you'll start digging some pesky Barber Dimes and Indian Heads so you can stop trying to hoodwink the rest of us by acting like you actually FOUND stuff like keys, pulltabs, and bottlecaps!!!

HH,
SgtSki

What was the hi bid? I was fixing to go another $1.00, Dang it!
I would have a copy of that "do not copy" key just in case.
Joe

IronClad

Aug 29, 2007
N. Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Silver Eagle, White's Eagle I, White's Eagle II SL, 6000/Di Series 3, Silver Sabre II

Men Without Hats

OMG !!! " THE SAFETY DANCE " :D. and lets not forget " COME ON EILEEN " by the legendary Dexys Midnight Runners,, or any other 80' MTV Smash Hit Videos........... ;D

...OK, back to the treasures that are recovered amongst our elusive and rare Clad coinage.

...as for the " BULLETT ", I have to disagree. Looks like a small pipe fittiing or air hose adaptor of some sort. Seems threaded to me and Lead does not rust or corrode like that. Just my observations on that item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread