Unbelievable find.

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2FCD7CE1-F413-4D99-AB89-A045961EB305.jpeg

Found on Craigslist. $200.00.

It’s a Hammond organ, and everything works fine.

Video demonstration coming soon.

Jared

Upvote 14

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I scan the local craigslist musical instrument section daily, seems alot of people can barely give most organs or pianos away [indeed, many are listed in the free section] unless they are high end.
/they eat up so much space, people haven't played them in years or decades, and most people would opt for something much smaller and digital that has more options and sounds - But very nice score if you have the talent to use it and the space to keep it, I imagine they cost in the $1,000's back in the day.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when my Mom sold her house and moved into assisted living, we had an estate sale and I was all too happy to see her piano go. That thing weighed like a million tons. I told the buyer to bring help when they were going to pick it up because I wasn't about to lift it again.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful piece- Congrats!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job waiting to see your concert......

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, we discovered a problem that happened during transportation. We suspect it is the main power supply capacitor. There’s no way I can replace that by myself, too dangerous.

It is playable, but there will be a hum. Keep this in mind for the video demonstration.

Jared

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife accepted one as a "gift". First time plugged in, and turned on, it tripped a breaker. So, I spent a couple days cleaning it out ( unbelievable ), found the obvious short, fixed that, plugged it back in, turned it on. It worked! A few sticky keys, but now we had a great big humming beast that gave off that hot tube smell. Nobody in the house knew how to play. My two little granddaughters liked to play on it, but it went away in a few years. Good luck with yours. They were, in the 50's-60's quite the status symbol, to have in your home. Very pricey.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
You know what the biggest musical failure is? It's when you're on your favorite piece and your organ gives out!

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what the biggest musical failure is? It's when you're on your favorite piece and your organ gives out!

I actually had that happen once! With an older organ!. VERY annoying.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting