Taste of the Fur Trade with Treasure Net Buddy Recondigger

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
I had an opportunity to meet up with Recondigger and his buddy Erik since I saw he was from WNY. I had this little site that has given up a few fur trade items in the past and wanted to share this site with them. Recondigger and Erik, have a lot in common with my detecting habits and it seemed like I knew these guys for years, when we really just met. We had a great time. I have posted a few of my items for your viewing pleasure. Three Silver Trade items and some tinklers made from copper kettles. A lead disk used for fishing and made from a musket ball. Four small balls and a chewed musket ball. The iron scraped is the best because its the first one I have found. I have been able trace others that were found in WNY Smokes Creek excavation. The one I have and the ones found at the site are spot on... The site age is from 1625 - 1810 based on other items found at this location.

Attachments

• 20210417_224348 (2).jpg
    20210417_224348 (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
Upvote 12

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an opportunity to meet up with Recondigger and his buddy Erik since I saw he was from WNY. I had this little site that has given up a few fur trade items in the past and wanted to share this site with them. Recondigger and Erik, have a lot in common with my detecting habits and it seemed like I knew these guys for years, when we really just met. We had a great time. I have posted a few of my items for your viewing pleasure. Three Silver Trade items and some tinklers made from copper kettles. A lead disk used for fishing and made from a musket ball. Four small balls and a chewed musket ball. The iron scraped is the best because its the first one I have found. I have been able trace others that were found in WNY Smokes Creek excavation. The one I have and the ones found at the site are spot on... The site age is from 1625 - 1810 based on other items found at this location.

It really was a great time except you kept digging all the silver. 20210418_214736.jpg 20210418_214329.jpg

Can't wait for another round

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread