Practicing nickel readings and came up with GOLD.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,290
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,285
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mostly get pulltabs but every once in awhile i get a nickle ! Did find a gold ring for a lady once but i knew it was in her yard somewhere ! But still was fun to find ;) congrats tymcmurray its a beauty ;)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nickles or gold and pulltabs are very close as far as a metal detector "thinks"--- so long as your finding the nickles --you'll hit the gold is a old saying of my pops --- you see the proof of that now --- listen to your machine the tone "sounds" very similar for nickles and gold (nickle is often used to cut gold with in a 14 k ring ---silver is too ) --- oddly pulltabs sound somewhat similar but do not ring up as "clearly" often ( the signal often seems well "fuzzy" )-- Ivan

Tykit

Jan 20, 2007
Middlesex, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Fisher
Wow, what a surprise that must have been. Ladies rings are mostly low numbers, like foil, so I dig all low numbers. I don't find men's rings because they are in the pulltab range and I hate digging all those tabs. To find gold chains you need to use All Metal mode to get a decent signal. If you're finding a lot of nickles thats a sign that rings are still there. Happy hunting.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nice ring Ty. Now you know what you have to do to get that good stuff!
Congrats on the double hearts......
Happy Hunting

Desertfox

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice gold ring Ty.
Congrats Big Guy!!!
-MM-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You DAWG..... ;D Give you a call later.Congrat's Man!!!

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on your first gold ring, it's a beauty. Happy New Year and good luck in '08
HH
Glenn

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
What a coincidence. Well kind of.........I found my first nickel today. I generally dont dig those tones, to lazy and I assume it will be a pull tab. I finally got tired of digging pennies and thought what the ehck dig some of these low tones and I may find a ring. I have been slowly going over an entire state fair grounds. Its very big!!! I pick a new spot ever time and sometimes I hit a "hot spot" for lack of better words. I assume these spots are where a carnival ride sat and the change fell from peoples pockets as they were flipped around ect. The good news is that its full of clad everywheres. So I guess no one else has detected it. I'm going to start digging all "pull tabs" and hope for the best. Maybe I'll be posting a gold ring soon! I hope so. Congrats on a wonderful find! Happy New Year! Shane :)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Looks like your a fast learner, congrats on finding a gold ring!!

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ty what detector are you using?
Nice finds ;D

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed that 90 to 95% of the rings I find are under foil reading. Congrats om the ring!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Yeah... I know the feeling... of getting a signal on your detector that there's a nickle in the ground.. or so the machine thinks.. and it turns out to be a pull tab, or a piece of scrap or can slaw. But sometimes a nickle really is a nickle. Hence one of my mantras.. "Sometimes a nickle really is a nickle" so dig all those targets dude! Not only will you get your nickles, but you will often be surprised with other goodies, like your gold ring today! Sweet! Happy Hunting my friend!

Frodov

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Ty, could you tell any decernable difference in tone signal, strength or sound....between the nickels and trash? What about the gold?

Hey, I guess a good gold ring is OKAY if you arent going to be relic huntin ;) Hey, that leaves more for me, MM, and Civil HAHAHA :) :) ;) Just Kiddin bud ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread