Love those ripped up sidewalks

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
They are tearing up the streets and sidewalks in a very old little town near my house. My buddy went out there last week at 2:30 in the morning and found 3 seated coins. Geeeez!! One was half dime, one was dime, and the other was quarter. So, I went out a couple days later and found this. I thought it might be some sort of token, but I posted in "whats it" and Buckram thinks it might be a spinner. It would rotate on an axis, and the obverse and reverse images would blur togther and look like there kissing or something. Pretty cool. Made of lead about .50 cent size. Has to be pretty old. This dirt hasn't seen the light of day in 80-90 years.

Attachments

• black1.jpg
    black1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 516
  • black1.jpg
    black1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0
F

Floater

That is a nice piece vwayne1 . I would have to say that the depiction is definetly black american and just wondering if its value lies there. Very nice.. HH

M

mtl-huntr

I think your right floater.....could be worth something......

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice piece!

I'd be searching that place/area again for sure!

HH

Lonewolfe

lets_go

Dec 29, 2004
Wyandotte, Michigan
Cool find VWYANE. I think I missed the boat in my City. They tore up the sidewalks for a big streetscape program, nearly finished. I didn't think of it until one of FREES threads.

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Interesting and cool find wayne!!! Congrats! I agree with the consensus here.... might hold a bit of value to the right person!

F

frankiesaysrelax

Wow, I tried detecting today where the town had ripped up some sidewalks and it was a waste of time. Between buried cables and pipes, EVERYTHING beeped. >:(

I'm glad your hunt turned out much better.

B

brla

krimic said:
very interesting coin.. wonder how old it is?? Very Nice HH

yeah i also need to know how much is old that piece?

regards

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions