Clad, Clad everywhere but where is the silver and gold?

krimic

Mar 28, 2005
Metro East, Illinois
Hi all went out for about 3 hours today and hit a new park. Evidently this place hasn't been hit in awhile.. Or it has never been hit.. Not sure of the age dug a couple 60's coins but no silver.. It almost appears as if there have been several carnivals over the years and no MDers have came out and cleaned up.. All this change was from a 12' X 12' area.. Would of stayed longer but had to go to work.. I'm going back tommorrow and clobbering that area.. Final count was 1HD, 28Q, 19D, 4N, 17P.. 2 boyscout neckerchief slides one aluminum ring and a whatsit'.. If you have any ideas what this could be I'm open for suggestions on this one.. Hope everyone is well and HH

Attachments

• 5-4-05.JPG
    5-4-05.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 5-4-052.JPG
    5-4-052.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! That's great....you do need to go back!....I'll take a guess at the whatsit...........maybe it's a tent stake????

Nana

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hot spot, bet you find a few silvers before you're done hunting it, good luck! HH, Mike

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Still that is a good day of digging especially from 12x12 area. Some times the gold will show up as well as silver after the top layer of clad is found. Good luck at tis site and keep us posted of your finds
hh
dave+bobbie

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice outing Krimic,Looks like more to come from that spot.As far as the silver & gold I think JD has found it all.HH

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just might try turning your discriminate down a bit or try a smaller coil.I've found this to be true,especially with gold,so close to nickles and easy to miss.Plenty a gas and battery money can be cool too!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John :o

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!

Love the boyscout pieces!

Hit it hard because from the looks of it, no one has detected the place before (or not very well) because,

those neck tie clips are old, and surely would have been found by others if they'd have done the job right!

HH

Keep us posted,

Lonewolfe

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
If you are finding alot of stuff from the 60's you will soon find silver.

Any wheats yet?

bob66618

Feb 11, 2005
I've seen something like that in working in the utility field. Either water or electric distribution, but I can't remember what it is used for. If I can remember, I'll shoot another reply out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread