I hr Gives up token and 2 Cent Peice

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi guys, Had to get back to that site where I found the cache. It was bugging me knowing I didn't hit the area fully. I only had a hr to hunt tonight because the wife worked ot. It was one good hr though. I found a 1866 2 cent peice second one in my short detecting life so far. Also found a nice token. It says on the front white brother's and co. It says willow calf under the tree. Then below that it says Boston U.S.A. Both where found under a huge tree about a foot apart. Must have been lost by the same person. The back of the token has some desighn with a horseshoe in the middle.

Don't know the age but know it's old. I seen one on another site in worse condition and they wanted 20.00 for it. Nice to find 2 things you don't see all the time. Hope you guys like them. Sorry the scan doesn't do much on the 2 cent peice.

Good Luck Jer.

Attachments

• 2 cent evening1.jpg
    2 cent evening1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 244
  • 2 cent evening.jpg
    2 cent evening.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtg jer not bad some at all fer an hour

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
The White Brothers & Company pieces were tags that were attached to new calf leather shoes sold by the company. As such, they are not really tokens, but are commonly collected as such. Rulau's United States Tokens says they are ca. 1890. John in Idaho

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, I'll take a quick hr hunt like that anyday. Those 2 cent pieces are hard to find. Most of my spots aren't loaded but if you find something it's old. I'd rather spend a hr hunting for a few oldies than search for the new stuff. I haven't been forced to look for new stuff in 2 yrs. But let me tell you trying to keep old finds in your pouch all the time is no easy task. Once you start finding old stuff consistently you just know where to look.

It just takes time. I started by clad hunting a ton until I started to realize where the old stuff was. More of a challenge to try and track down old locations than new. I have alot of spots that I like to rework. Hard to hunt out large area's.

There are still a few finds on my list I haven't found yet that I would like to. A seated quarter and half are on the list but man are they tough to find. I would like to say one day I found almost if not every old coin minted in the u.s.a. We'll see it will be no easy task and will probably take a good bit of years to get.

Everyone who hasn't found what they are looking for yet. Just keep at it. Rework spots even if you didn't find nothing the first couple of runs or so. It is so easy to miss a blade of grass that could have that one good coin.

Good Luck to all Just keep being persistent and it will come.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Oh yeah, Thanks Idaho for the info on the token. I didn't know how to put a date on it. I saw one on the net but they didn't know the age of it. Thanks for taking the time to tell me about it.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread