Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    us
    Your best find is still in the ground somewhere

Jan 2007
    Hazelwood, MO
    White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
    346 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Dream Day At A Dream School UPDATE

Hi all,

After a pretty good day yesterday, I figured I would take the day off and relax..I had no idea where I was going to since I hunted so many places to death multiple times since the year began. I started out with a couple of schools I hadn't been to for a while and found a Sacagawea dollar and a nice metal bookmark by the monkey bars, with a few quarters and dimes here and there. There wasn't much else since the weather over the last few weeks was either too cold or too wet. Even when the days in between were nice, the kids won't use the playgrounds if they're too wet or muddy.

There was this one school (probably developed in the 70's) I hunted some years ago, but I only tried the tot lot and side of the school where some playground equipment was located. This time I decided to try the main field in back.

The grounds behind the school was quite large, but the thick grass I remember during the warmer months way back when was much easier to dig through since the growing season hasn't yet begun.

I began pulling up dimes, then quarters, and before long I found a good sized ring. As I rubbed the mud off some of the gold color began to come off on my fingers You don't often find a real gold ring at an elementary school, so I wasn't really surprised it was costume.

Then the quarters started to come! At one point, it was as if someone had a bucket of change and started throwing it all over the place! I didn't have my pouch so I put all the coins in my right pocket..by the time I was ready to go I could hardly walk straight..I ended up with 2 more rings (one was silver) and 172 coins total for the entire morning (54 quarters, 41 dimes, 9 nickels, 64 pennies, 1 Canadian cent, 1 Sac dollar, one Kennedy half and a 1952 silver Rosie) for a total of $20.30. I found the silver dime at the end when I was ready to leave and was surprised to find it..I thought that was the icing on the cake right there!

The first ring I found is the one on the left..I thought it was real for a moment!

Some of the schoolyard finds were a part of a heavy silver chain, a butterfly bookmark, a dog tag, a flattened penny, some buttons, a pendant and a keychain that flashes on and off and says "SAKURA - BEST FRIEND ROBOT".

The second ring I found (.925 silver) says "TRUE LOVE WAITS". It was on top of the ground and I saw it just as my coil passed over it!

Twenty bucks in change was an incredible amount for one morning!

A little variety adds to the spice of MDing life! These were welcome sights.

The '52 Rosie was a good way to end my day.

I was sure I broke my personal quarter record for a day but I tied it (54). I found 120 of 'em in the last 3 hunts!

Hope you all had a good weekend, mine was so great (even though I can hardly move)! And for you guys/gals still waiting for the big thaw, your time is coming, so hang in there!

Nat

us
    Oct 2006
    2502 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: Dream Day At A Dream School

Does your back hurt? alot better than my day good job.

us
    Best find 1817 Large Cent

Dec 2006
    Cicero, NY
    White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
    60 times

20 bucks in change, thats enough to fill up my Prius!
    Good job! and some rings and silver to boot!
    HH,
    Donny
    "All I ask for are back roads lined with cellar holes and a Prius to drive them with."

Jul 2007
    Culpeper,Va
    fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
    1 times

Dude thats a boat load of stuff, how long did it take you to find all of that
    KDMB

seger98

Man you just keep knockin' it out... WTG

us
    Please leave a ring after the beep!

Sep 2004
    Aiken, SC
    Ace 250
    125 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

See.....I told you to go back out today!! "Nah, I've hunted everything to death, no place for me to go.....I want to let them build up....wah, wah!

Now you will listen to me when I tell you something!

You had an awesome day Nattie, I'm not telling you to go out tomorrow though, you should probably go to work instead!

You did so good with the keepers too! I think you are the only detectorist in your area. Your clad pulls are awesome! Congrats on another great day!

HH,
    Moon
    Even the mightiest Oak in the forest is just a little nut that held it's ground!!

Remember to take a walk in the shoes of a loser! Quote by Moonshadow 2/17

us
    wolf pack!!!

Sep 2006
    Texas
    Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
    56 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I got that same ring (true love can wait)at lake sommerville in the water last summer, Nice bunch of finds
    Leave no stone unturned.

Oct 2006
    Zelienople
    White's XLT
    823 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

That is a great day! Lots of $$ and silver mixed in.
    A gentleman farmer named Floyd
    With some of his kin was annoyed
    The boys in their youth
    Did not know the truth
    And one of his tools was destroyed

us

Jan 2007
    Hazelwood, MO
    346 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by aa battery
    Does your back hurt?
    Actually it's not doing too bad..tomorrow morning may be a different story

Quote Originally Posted by jc in culpeper
    Dude thats a boat load of stuff, how long did it take you to find all of that
    An entire morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow
    See.....I told you to go back out today!! "Nah, I've hunted everything to death, no place for me to go.....I want to let them build up....wah, wah!

Now you will listen to me when I tell you something!
    Moon you inspired me to go out today so thank you! I had to really think last night and I'm telling you I had absolutely no game plan..I hate driving around aimlessly, wondering where to go..it was only this morning as I was coming back from one of the schools I remembered that school..I actually made an illegal U-turn, went through a shopping center parking lot, made a left onto the main road and headed for that school..it was just one of those last minute things where you hope things will work out. I was really lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAN Connection
    I got that same ring (true love can wait)at lake sommerville in the water last summer, Nice bunch of finds
    Thanks Texan..my wife said that was the theme mentioned at our church during Valentine's week..maybe it was lost around that time since it wasn't buried yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio
    Yep Natman...

It was a dream day in St. Louis today...

Unfortunately was stuck doing all the stuff that the wife's been "dreaming" about getting done...

Unreal....75 today and freezing rain, sleet and snow for the next two days...

Congratulations on a STELLAR outing...Great job on the Roosie...

Way to Dig,

Nick
    Thanks Nick, yeah I'm going to have to start getting back to the things I've been putting off beginning immediately My son came down a while ago and gave me the weather report..what a weird winter this has been..I keep forgetting it's not over yet..

Thanks y'all for the replies.

Nat

Finder of assorted junk and a few neat things

Feb 2008
    Olympia Washington
    Garrett Ace 150
    7 times

Thats a very nice day right there!!!
    As soon as I clear all this junk out of here I'm gonna find some good stuff......really, I will, just watch me.

us
    Oct 2006
    Bama
    White's DFX
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Well you did a lot of diggin'! Great finds and congrats on the silver!

us
    Jan 2008
    Bronx, NY
    Whites Prizm II

Man you are killing them down there with all the finds. Your killing me too, I'm so green with envy Natman. Your going to make me skip work and hit all the tot-lots tomorrow.

harry..
    CLEANING UP THE PARKS OF NEW YORK CITY; 1 PULLTAB, 1 BOTTLE CAP AND 1 MANGLED CAN AT A TIME.. PLUS I GET TO KEEP ALL THE LOOSE CHANGE !

us

Jan 2007
    Hazelwood, MO
    346 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks Ken and Digger..

Quote Originally Posted by I_Dig_NYC
    Man you are killing them down there with all the finds. Your killing me too, I'm so green with envy Natman. Your going to make me skip work and hit all the tot-lots tomorrow.

harry..

Thanks Harry, I'm sure the school never had a coil sweep over it until I came along..it wasn't an old school and there was just so much to find. I didn't want to leave but the place wore me out. I'll probably go back when the kids are on summer break to see what else I can find.

Nat

Oct 2006
    126 times

Wow over $20 bucks in clad and a nice dose of silver.Don't you wish all hunts were like that!

Jul 2004
    The Great White North
    White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark

Man ! Your definately workin' on another excellent year of diggin'.Excellent finds and nice variety.HH....Panz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links