Silver Coins, Swastika Token, Jewelry Token, Toilet Token...

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello fellow T'netters,

I was waiting to find enough items to share with you, while reading/enjoying everyone's posts (Some really good finds made :o) Well, a week and a half later, I finally have enough to post. I have a couple unique one-time finds for myself. One of them is the large jewelry token from Kay's Jewelers. It's the size of a silver dollar, and was only an inch under the surface. It's redeemable for $10 on any purchase of $50 dollars or more at their stores. The other is a swastika token which reads "Geo.A.Hunter Swastika Los Angeles" on the obverse and "1 1/2 cents If Deposited In Specifiied Bank Within 6 Months After Receipt". If anyone has any other info on this token, please let me know. The dark coin at the top of my first pic is a foreign coin which dates 1897. Not sure what country this coin is from though.

Almost forgot. I got a few silver coins also, along with a handful of wheaties, a toilet token, and my smallest sterling religious pendant to date. So, all in all, not a bad week and a half, considering all of these goodies came from heavily Explorer'ed parks.

Thanks for looking. Keep those good finds coming!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2381.JPG
    IMG_2381.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,658
  • SwastikaToken.jpg
    SwastikaToken.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,751
  • JewelryToken.jpg
    JewelryToken.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Foreign1897.jpg
    Foreign1897.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,271
Upvote 0

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Dan. I see the silver can't elude you...even from pounded areas. I must admit...I've never seen a "crapper" token before. That is really neat..as is the Swastika token. Seems to me like pounded areas produce better finds. Not more...but definately more unique. We just got a 70 degree day Sunday...then this morning have a major ice/snow storm again. Yippee! Take care buddy.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Dan another nice..actually awesome group of finds... I am at the end of the owners manual...and have only been able to get out twice up to now with the se.... Been a tough start for me...around $2 in clad, and an earring with the se...both hunts on frozen ground...I did purchase a ML 8 inch coil.... 6 trips out in early January with dfx over $35 in clad...close to $40 total...but no silver.. finishing up a few trades and by then the ground should be soft...I will be dropping you a few questions...love the tokens! :o

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
A lot of nice finds there...the token gotta be rare.1939-41? :o :o

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
DFX-SE Gregg said:
Dan another nice..actually awesome group of finds... I am at the end of the owners manual...and have only been able to get out twice up to now with the se.... Been a tough start for me...around $2 in clad, and an earring with the se...both hunts on frozen ground...I did purchase a ML 8 inch coil.... 6 trips out in early January with dfx over $35 in clad...close to $40 total...but no silver.. finishing up a few trades and by then the ground should be soft...I will be dropping you a few questions...love the tokens! :o

It is nice to hear from you, Gregg! :D We thought you quit the hobby. :D ;D

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dude whatever your doing give us some hints ;D so we can all find things like that... nice 1/2 dime...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
KirkPA said:
DFX-SE Gregg said:

It is nice to hear from you, Gregg! :D We thought you quit the hobby. :D ;D

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

Kirk, no just been buying, selling, trading, more for something to do while the temperature approaches freezing then anything else... The SE is a whole another monster...finished manual now have to figure it out in the field.... You know we will be talking soon! ;)

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
Great finds Dan, that Swastika token is a unique piece for sure I could'nt find anything on it anywhere.

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for posting your finds, Dan. Good to hear from you again. I love your pictures, too. Always clear and sharp. Keep the updates coming!

HH,

littledutch

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
I thought you took a vacation there for a while. Glad to have you back Dan.
Congrats on a super week. Thanks for the pictures and post, always look forward to them. HH

Desertfox

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
OH YEAH ~ you've always got some impressive treasures to show off! VERY NICE!!!

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey,

Thanks again, everyone, for your help in identifying some of my items, and all your responses.....All of you make this hobby more inspirational and satisfying.....Hmmmm....I should be out there right now detecting. ::) The weather is great here.

See you in the TURF !!

HH,
Dan
CAPTN SE

Viking

Apr 1, 2007
Franconia Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Some really cool finds.

But has anyone noticed the Swastika is facing the wrong way?
Maybe it has somthing to do with the American Nazi party back then. who knows.

Greetings from Germany

Jeff..

goldenapples

Aug 23, 2007
So.California
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Sunray X-1 Probe Sunray Gold Phones
Viking said:
But has anyone noticed the Swastika is facing the wrong way?
Maybe it has somthing to do with the American Nazi party back then. who knows.

This is what I did find out about the mirror image Swastika.

The mirror-image forms are often described as:

left-facing and, as depicted across, right-facing;
left-hand and right-hand;
clockwise and counterclockwise.
"Left-facing" and "right-facing" are used mostly consistently. In an upright swastika, the upper arm faces either the viewer's left (卍) or right (卐). The other two descriptions are ambiguous as it is unclear whether they refer to the direction of the bend in each arm or to the implied rotation of the symbol. If the latter, whether the arms lead or trail remains unclear. However, "clockwise" usually refers to the "right-facing" swastika. The terms are used inconsistently (sometimes even by the same writer), which is confusing and may obfuscate an important point, that the rotation of the swastika may have symbolic relevance, although little is known about this symbolic relevance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread