Last of 2007

Foiled Again

Oct 30, 2006
Thunder Bay Ontario
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Explorer SE Pro
Greetings Treasure Hunters:

Posting the last of the finds from last year. For us up here digging is still 6 weeks away, maybe less if we get lucky and get an early spring.

First up is the toy cars dug up last summer. I don't usually hit the tot lots. Spend most of my time in the woods but one weekend last summer I went out and hit all the tot lots I could find. Most of these cars were found that weekend.

cars.JPG

Nothing very interesting there except the Majorette cars in the front and the little yellow truck beside them. The truck is a Lesney, made in England about 1949.

Next is the sum total of all the silver I found last year. Not very much. The really old stuff is always heavily corroded in the soil around here. If I do find any silver from the 1800s, pretty sure it will be unrecognizable. The lump of silver there is what is left of a silver 5 cent piece from 1915 I think. They call them fish scale because they were so small and thin. Still haven't got the technique for photographing shiny coins. Have to work on that.

silverhead2.JPG

The old quarter on the lower left is the oldest one for me this year. 1910.
silvertail2.JPG

Here is some old nickels too.

nickelhead.JPG

The other side.

nickeltail.JPG

Here is a french coin, half franc I found between the goal posts at a soccer field. It is clad, but a very nice looking coin to me.

franchead.JPG
franctail.JPG

Last thing here are a couple of watches. They were found on different beaches in the sand. Both still work.

watches.JPG

Thanks for looking,

I'll try to post in a more "timely" fashion next year when I find something interesting.

Foiled Again

Upvote 0

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Lots neat stuff, I always find it interesting what people find in diffrent areas of the country.

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wow ! Cool stuff for sure. I;ve never seen a little nickle so messed with by the ground.I;m up here in western Canada and it looks it will be at least another 6 weeks until I hunt again.HH..Panz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread