Arrrgghh!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Well, I got out for the first time in 5 months...figured the knees could hold up for a while. I've had my eye on a swimming hole along the local Greenway...figured maybe a ring or necklace might just show up. Well, after an hour and a half of digging EVERYTHING 4 to 6 inches deep I finally confirmed my suspicions when I found a 2007 penny 4 inches deep. Knowing the area had not been reworked I accepted the inevitable; the area had flooded; probably numerous times. :BangHead:

The knees were getting a bit tired and it was wet and in spots muddy so I called it a day. 4 clad coins, a bunch of foil and pull tabs, a lead sinker with line and a hook...not even worth posting a picture!

But it was GREAT to get out again. :blob1:

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
The important part is your getting out on the hunt !

Keep @ it and HH!!

Yes, although, if you have only been out once in 5 months, then its more important you get out more...(Knee's willing)... :icon_jokercolor:

Happy Hunting

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those swimmin holes have been hollering at me real loud and I'm gettin the itch real bad. Too bad you didn't get the biggun. Don't give up though, It's out there. I've found 4 rings in swimmin holes this winter so far. Best of luck your next time out.

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
DANGLANGLEY said:
Those swimmin holes have been hollering at me real loud and I'm gettin the itch real bad. Too bad you didn't get the biggun. Don't give up though, It's out there. I've found 4 rings in swimmin holes this winter so far. Best of luck your next time out.

DANGLANGLEY

Dang,

Do you search "in" the water for those finds or have you found them on the bank?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain. My local park was 12 feet underwater two years ago and usually gets washed over annually. I dug a 1996 dime at 8 inches. But it's close enough I can get 45 minutes of hunting on my lunch hour so I do. Good news is they have an annual carnival so there is always something to find.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's always good to get, out even if you don't find much. Better hunts are ahead. :icon_pirat:

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Yeah! I would love to just get out, if this snow would hurry up and melt. So a bad day of detecting is deffinately better than a good day stuck by the fire. Keep at it!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
My, My Gypsy Fairy.....don't we have a long memory. My guess is you brought up the ham again 'cause deep down inside that head of flowing hair, where things exist we really don't want to know about, you really want me to round up Bo and let him visit your yard! :toothy4:

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Better luck next time Wes... Glad you were able to get out and I hope your knees get to feeling better...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Now Cyn...did you really have to bring up the pudding? Hey Kimmie.....I forgot all about that....you could have served my pudding yesterday! :evil6:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Cynangyl said:
ummmm yeah! Yeah, I had to bring it up! :wink: Surely you told Gypsy about the pudding too! :tongue3: :sign12: :sign12: :sign12:

Gypsy ChickenLegs,

Did I tell you about my Chocolate/Green pudding? It puts to shame my 2 year old Country Ham....and I'd be happy to post the recipe for it but I don't know what I did...and I'd just as soon forget about it but some folks keep bringing it up! :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread