Newbe from MAINE: PIC of Very first site ! Weed House !

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a Pic of my first and only ( so far ) M.D. site. It is an old photo. The fence is gone, so is the balustraded veranda to the fenced yard, as well as the encloced portico in the front. Shutters are gone too. Striped of its 19th century regal ellegance the Benjamin Weed House site, built in 1833 is still relatively unchanged. It still sits on a double lot. The street has been raised and widened some. The side walk is still there above the road, paved now. Until I studided the photo I never noticed the path leading from the fenced yard to the street. You can still see traces of it once you really look! This is where I had my best finds so far. Believe me I know how fortunet I am to have this as a first site. Directly across the street no less! It was 13 degrees and refrozen this morning. Cold again tomorrow ! Wife is away and I can't play, I will resume hunt soon though, and give you a Pic of site present day. When wife returns home with cam! Happy easter all and keep the pics coming. I really do enjoy looking at your t/finds and appreciate the effort it takes to share them. Bangor Dave

Attachments

• 03-22-2008 09;35;05am (2).jpg
    03-22-2008 09;35;05am (2).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 670
  • 03-21-2008 06;29;28AM.JPG
    03-21-2008 06;29;28AM.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 674
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whitesid said:
nice finds :)
why is it called the weed house?
ben weed had it built in 1833 !!

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dorkyguy said:
Spent four years in Presque Isle at College...spent many a good time in Bangor....now I am "from away".
Perhaps Stephen King will let you hunt his place!
DG
I have thought about sending him a letter and asking him !! All proceeds going gto charity of course!!!!!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Excellent finds and sounds like a very nice to be hunting, that will probably have many more nice finds like those.

P

Pentico

Best newbe post I think I have ever seen here!
Awesome finds...................
Chris & LeeAnn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread