5 month since i started detecting! DOWSING RODS

silverhunter/dowser

Oct 5, 2004
columbia sc
It has been 5 month since i started detecting and today i found my third wheat cent and i plan on hunting around the local high school now that school is out. I am realy goimg to get into mding now that i have more free time and have just built a set of dowsing rods which realy do work. i used them to find the wheate. i'll post pics tomoro.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ?silverhunter HH

4 MDnoob and others, this is how i built them. 2X---1/8-23" copper rods 17"-6". 4X---3/4" copper end caps 2X---3/4"-5"copper pipe.
1. Drill holes in the center of all the end caps that will just let your wire though.
2. cap off both ends of each of the two copper pipes. (you have your handles)
3. bend and cut wire to specifide lenghth. insert short end of wire in holes in caps.
Hold 6in-1ft apart slant 5-10 degrees downward
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Upvote 0

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
no matter what some know it all people here might say to discourage your use of the rods,,,,KEEP AT IT>>>>>>>.....................gldhntr

J

JBlack

gldhntr said:
no matter what some know it all people here might say to discourage your use of the rods,,,,KEEP AT IT>>>>>>>.....................gldhntr

Are you just trying to get something started here, or did you have absolutely nothing constructive to say, and just wanted to make some noise. (I certainly hope Marc can see "who" is the instigator here, and who is not.)

I think it is GREAT! when people give dowsing a try.? Only after trying it can they hope to realize the true merits of dowsing.? No amount of reading, or listening to what others have found will convince them --they must experience it for themselves.?

Unfortunately, most who try dowsing, seldom if ever look at it from a pure objective stance, but instead implement poor validation procedures and tests.? This is the old GIGO process in action.? Garbage In, Garbage Out.? Dowsing is like a self-fulfilling prophecy ---if the Experimenter wants it to work, then they will do everything possible to make it "look" like it works.? Of course whenever dowsing is coupled with MDing, it will always produce results that will be hard (if not impossible) to properly evaluate.? Only after dowsing is separated out from MDing, can it be properly evaluated and the true merit and worth of the process can be found.? I know... I've been down that road a long time ago.

Have fun...? ?;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no! Not another dowser! Don't respond to this post! Oh crap, I already did! JIM

J

JBlack

MDnoob said:
Ok, I'll bite...

How do you build dowsing rods?

Bite?

Get an old wire coathanger from the closet. Cut the hook off of it and unfold the wire so that it is reasonably straight. Then form a right angle bend in the wire so that you have a longer upper portion and a shorter handle portion. (Hint: Looks like the letter L, hence the name L-rod)

Cut the longer upper portion to 17 inches and the handle portion to 8 inches.

That's it.

You now have a dowsing rod that will work every bit as well as those costing thousands of dollars.

Have fun... ;D

B

Broncox Vernon BC

bigrig40 said:
here we go again............ ::)

bigrig
LOL.........gotta be the makings of some sorta soap here!!!.... dowse of our detecting lives!!.... dunno why, but I tend to seek out these kinda posts there just too funny!

Just for Tom Foolery.....I'll build a set n try m out!!, Anything special to know?

R

rvbvetter

? ? ?What i'm not understanding here, is if someone wants to or prefers to dowse. What difference does it make to a nondowser? Why the ridicule? Whatever happened to ?"To each his own" ?
? ?Now, i'm not a dowser. But it's fine by me, if a person dowses or doesn't. I don't care ( nor should I ) what a person prefers.
? ?So some won't think i'm biased. I have had experience with dowsers, but have never tried it myself. My brother and me owned a couple of drilling rigs and drilled water wells in northern calif. for several years in the 80's. Many property owners would have a dowser come up before or while we were there and mark where to drill for the strata ( underground river) Sometimes hit water 1st time, sometimes we had to move around the property.

? So all in all, i still can't say if it works or not, and i don't really care. So if some want to dowse, and some want to detect, it's fine by me. It's your right to choose. Have at it and have fun. HH ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

maxpower

Apr 29, 2005
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to think dowsing was all a bunch of hogwash, until i tried it, and yup i can dowse, however i haven't a clue what i'm doing? ???

R

rvbvetter

? ? ?O yeah!?!? ? Well i can do it with nearly every club.? ? So there!

? ?Last time i buy clubs from a dowser!

M

mattjd

JBlack said:
MDnoob said:
Ok, I'll bite...

How do you build dowsing rods?

Bite?

Get an old wire coathanger from the closet.? Cut the hook off of it and unfold the wire so that it is reasonably straight.? Then form a right angle bend in the wire so that you have a longer upper portion and a shorter handle portion.? (Hint: Looks like the letter L, hence the name L-rod)

Cut the longer upper portion to 17 inches and the handle portion to 8 inches.

That's it.

You now have a dowsing rod that will work every bit as well as those costing thousands of dollars.

Have fun...? ;D

Does this really work? How do you use it (swing overlapment?) Thanks. Matt

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No.NO Only willow branches work well. Of course the best willow is the egyptian whahotcieitcie willow of which I alone have been able to locate. I will sell you a branch for a thousand dollars. This is of course a reduced price for those of you on this forum.

Wild Boulder

R

rvbvetter

Some used not just willows, but rods and various other items. One used large channel locks with the green rubber grips on them. With his hands inverted on the grips. Hands were rotated to where the knuckles of each hand faced inward, towards the knuckles of the other hand. Thumbs facing down.
Many reservations in that area, so most of the dowsers were native american. Whether successful or not, the older indians were great to talk to. They could tell you of things of nature and spirits, that gave me the sensation of riding along, as they would talk and tell me of these things. How, i don't know. But they are a much to be respected race of people. HH

J

JBlack

rvbvetter said:
? ? ?What i'm not understanding here, is if someone wants to or prefers to dowse. What difference does it make to a nondowser? Why the ridicule?

If I may be so bold as to attempt to answer your questions of; --- What you are not understanding? and Why the ridicule?

I don't think there is much ridicule when an individual sets out to try dowsing. In fact, I believe, trying dowsing for yourself is the only possible way for anyone to really find out for themselves the true worth of dowsing. You see, the ideomotor effect is so confounding to many, that even after they've experienced it, it still remains a mystrey to them. However, a few along the way will grasp the essence of what is going on, and will themselves become educated. That is a good thing, because generally speaking, gaining insight and education can only ever broaden one's horizons.

As to what you are not understanding????? Dowsing with bent wires, pliers, willow sticks or homemade pendulums is fairly harmless. However, when clever entrepreneurs fashion dowsing instruments to look like they "might" have something to do with REAL science or REAL physics or REAL electronics, ---and then market them with lies and contrived theories of operation, which they can neither prove or back up, to the gullible and technically-challenged for many hundreds of dollars or even many thousands of dollars ---then that is NOT SO HARMLESS!

If these same entrepreneur "scam-artist LRL dealers" come on a public dowsing forum or public dowsing thread with the express purpose of injecting free advertising for their scam products; ---then that will usually breed antagonism and flames from those of us who know better and recognize these scam-artists for the criminals they are.

Hope this helps your "understanding" some.... ;D

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
no instigation intended mr. black.. if i had intended i would have called you by name.. just giving a newbie a little encouragement before someone as yourself tried to dissuade him from a fine hobby and also an art..one that you will surely never master.. {oh and I don't even sell coat hangers or anything else for that matter}......i don't guess you believe in the yeti either although they have been seen for hundreds or possibly thousands of years........ps this is the last post of mine you will see on this thread as argueing with you is like argueing with my X - wife... fruitless...............ya'll have a nice day...............gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread